Science Solutions are exclusively recruiting for a Multi-skilled Engineering Maintenance Technician to join a world leader in the research, development and large-scale manufacture of cadmium-free quantum dots and other nanomaterials for use in multiple applications including LCD displays, lighting, solar cells and bio-imaging.
My client harnesses the power of nanotechnology to create a brighter, more sustainable future. Based on breakthrough science, their proprietary manufacturing process enables the large-scale production of its cadmium-free CFQD® quantum dots for multiple applications including LCD display, lighting, healthcare and solar.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Manchester, UK, with a US subsidiary, in Concord, MA. they continue to build out a world-class, patent-protected IP portfolio generated both by its own innovation engine, as well as through acquisition.
Responsible for supporting the scientists by helping to provide safe, smooth running and well organised equipment and facilities. You will be responsible for maintenance and calibration of laboratory and production equipment, using mechanical, electrical and electronics skills. You will provide preventative maintenance and assist in the engineering of unique solutions where upgrades or new equipment implementation is required to support processes. You will be expected to communicate internally and with suppliers to ensure equipment and chemicals are available for use as required.
Carry out regular housekeeping and safety checks
- Maintain scrupulous occupational hygiene standards for hazardous materials
- Assist in drafting job methods and hazard assessments
- Carrying out maintenance and calibration of equipment
- Managing maintenance rotas and records on Q Pulse
- Managing preventative maintenance schedule
- Troubleshooting issues with laboratory & production equipment as required to assist Chemists
- Assisting with implementation of any upgrades/new equipment as planned by Process Engineering team
- Troubleshooting issues with laboratory & production equipment as required
- Use suitable tools for fault finding, including Root Cause Investigation and Failure Mode Effect Analysis in liaison with Improvement Leader
- Correct problems with temporary and permanent solutions to minimise short term downtime and improve long term reliability
- Maintain records of equipment failures and actions taken
- Assist in design of new and modified equipment
- Carry out fabrication and testing of new and modified equipment
- Maintain records of new and modified equipment
- A proactive attitude to troubleshooting issues with equipment and finding working solutions.
- Proven mechanical/electrical/electronics maintenance skills
- A-level, HNC/HND qualifications or equivalent in engineering or relevant science subject
- Excellent communication skills including IT literacy
- Ability to plan ahead and prioritise and address forthcoming issues
- Good IT skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint are needed and a knowledge of CAD/CAM packages is an advantage.
Please apply online or email your CV
Please note, all 3rd Party Applications will be forwarded directly to Science Solutions
- Maintenance Engineering
- Fault finding
- Chemical Process Equipment
- Maintenance Plans
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job