Jo Branston Appointments (NW) is proud to be working in permanent recruitment partnership with this fast -growing consumable and structural material kitting provider to the composite industry, specialising in the aerospace sector. Based in the North West the company has seen rapid growth over the past few years and is implementing a major phase of expansion. The reach of the company now extends across the UK and into a number of clients in Northern Europe. With a range of manufacturer and industry approvals and an excellent track record on delivery the company is an exciting and fast paced organisation, high in demand, and ambitious in its outlook.
4x Permanent Engineering Graduates/ Project Manager Roles available for immediate start
Responsible for the conversion of customer product requirements into data, processes and products prior to handing them over to the production team. Contribute to the management of site based operational business issues by attending site Management Meetings as required and providing input into local decision-making processes by balancing commercial and technical considerations.
Key Tasks - FULL TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED FOR NEW ENGINEERING GRADUATES
- Take the lead role in customer product development and implementation projects, capturing and interpreting customer requirements, developing high quality engineered product designs and manufacturing instructions to effectively and efficiently turn customer requirements into delivered solutions.
- Identify and exploit customer opportunities to strengthen the delivery of kitting solutions and provide increased benefits to customers.
- Independently write technical reports, customer documents and work instructions to departmental and aerospace sector standards referencing aero sector standards on process adherence, material batch control, traceability and product quality.
- Ensure all data capture, files and documents are written, named and maintained in accordance with the company Quality Management System.
- Plan and monitor progress of engineering tasks to agreed timescales and report progress directly to the Engineering Manager, maintaining a record of work undertaken using on-site IT and data storage systems.
- Produce and "own" standard operating procedures (SOP’S) for all areas of work to comply with company quality system working to the meet the demands of the aerospace sector, paying close attention to process adherence, material batch control, traceability and product quality.
- Actively contribute to the definition of customer solutions and product development matters, including the delivery of complete concepts into the business.
- Highlight areas of new products, processes, and capabilities which could assist the business in its objectives by employing lean and continuous improvement methodologies wherever possible. Support the wider business to source new equipment, machinery and software.
- Work within terms of reference and budgetary constraints to ensure any engineering and /or business reputation linked risks are identified, evaluated, managed and costed.
- Actively manage own professional development, updating skills and networking with industry and sector contacts as appropriate.
Key Skills and Requirements
An Engineering graduate looking for a progressive career or Engineering Graduate with proven experience of working as a Project Support Engineer at senior level in a multi-site manufacturing business.
Competent and confident user of industry standard CAD software (2D and 3D) and MS Windows and Office packages. Educated to degree level in a relevant engineering qualification or HND/HNC qualified and able to evidence demonstrable comparative experience
Demonstrable evidence of the ability to work under own initiative to achieve local and departmental tasks whilst also communicating effectively with a remotely based Engineering team.
Sound knowledge of business and manufacturing management principles; budgeting, engineering planning, continuous improvement, lean manufacturing methodologies, quality assurance and resource allocation.
An understanding of current aerospace composite manufacturing techniques and market trends would be a distinct advantage
Excellent oral, written, and presentational communication skills, evidencing an ability to influence stake holders and communicate confidently with external customers and senior managers
Excellent time management with proven ability to consistently meet tight deadlines by planning workload accordingly
Demonstrable understanding of business and management principles; budgeting, strategic and technical planning and resource allocation
Ability to establish and maintain sound working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders Ability to manage the ambiguity associated with rapid business growth and organisational change in a fluid manufacturing business environment
A full, clean current driving licence is essential
To Apply: Please email your CV in word format preferably. Please also answer these questions in bullet point only when you email your CV.
- Current Salary
- Salary Required
- Current Notice Period
- Reason for Applying
You shall be contacted once the client has preselected from all candidates applications, as and when they are received.
- Graduate Recruitment
- Project Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job