Engineering Facilities Manager
My client is seeking an Engineering Facilities Manager on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will be responsible for ensuring the continuity of all engineering services to the organisation's property portfolio and, in particular, provide a safe and secure operating environment for all building occupants by ensuring that the buildings are maintained to a high standard, operate effectively and comply with all current legislation.
The Engineering Facilities Manager will manage, control and authorise all activities undertaken on the high voltage (HV) networks and ensure the incumbent maintenance contractor has suitably trained staff to undertake the operation and maintenance of the HV network.
- Negotiate and procure both engineering and utility service contracts based upon best practice principles, with an understanding and working knowledge of performance measurement techniques within the current market.
- Responsibility for the maintenance, repair and renewal of all electro- mechanical systems and building fabric.
- Manage and forecast engineering and utility budgets maintaining effective control on costs and, where possible, pro-actively demonstrate cost savings.
- Monitor changes in legalisation and building regulation, ensuring the buildings remain compliant.
- Educated to Degree or HNC/HND Level
- Extensive experience in a similar role
- Possess a health and safety qualification such as NEBOSH, or as a minimum IOSH.
- Project management-related qualification (APMP, PMP, PRINCE2)
Experience & Key Skills
- Experience of managing mission critical data centre environments
- Have previously worked on, and have a technical understanding and operational knowledge of, HVAC systems, electrical infrastructure together with HV networks and BMS control system. HV authorisation will be a requirement of the role together with good problem-solving and analytical skills.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"