Engineering Estimator (Precision CNC Sub-Contracting).
(Two vacancies to support current customer base and expansion plans, permanent contracts).
Based in Dursley, easily accessible from the M5 motorway, between Stroud, Gloucestershire and Thornbury, Bristol in the beautiful Cotswolds region.
£28,000 - £35,000 per annum + benefits
> Are you an Engineering Estimator, used to producing quotes for work based on your sound understanding of the operations, processes and timings associated with producing precision CNC machined components?
> Perhaps you're a time served CNC machinist who has built a good understanding of machine timings and operations requirements and you're looking to take the next step in your career with a move into an estimating role?
> Would you be interested in working for an established Precision Engineering Sub-Contracting firm, large enough to cope with a loyal, prestigious client portfolio yet small enough to have time for the individual?
If this sounds a bit like you, and you would like to be part of exciting and ambitious plans for growth to include investment in people and brand new machinery, then please do read on, you may well be just the person we're looking for!
As an Engineering Estimator, you will be a confident individual, motivated and comfortable dealing with customers and suppliers at all levels. Your ability to make considered decisions based on your knowledge of precision engineering sub-contract work will make you an ideal candidate for this position.
Working for a precision engineering company, proud of their history and reputation, your skill in working closely with current, long established customers and carefully handling new client enquiries will be vitally important to the continued success and further growth of the business.
About the job
With loyal customers across a wide spectrum of industry from oil and gas to aerospace, medical to pharmaceutical and many other industries in between, the variety of work being carried out will keep you on your toes, challenging your skills to give value for money quotes to our customers.
- Working from drawings, models or samples, your job will see you producing estimates setting out the relevant operations required to cost the manufacture of components or fabrications using the company's custom-built management and pricing software.
- Along with the Sales Director, you will be working with customers to win new business and to secure existing contracts, always looking to give real customer satisfaction.
- You will be obtaining quotations from suppliers for appropriate outwork services to include material purchases, surface treatments and relevant tooling, assisting with procurement when needed.
A supportive culture
- Full backing of a skilled, knowledgeable and experienced management team.
- Established and well coordinated approach between sales, planning, purchasing and estimation teams.
- Accurate cost management and pricing software.
- Skilled team of CNC Machinists who can program from scratch, all the time looking to challenge processes to get the best out of their machinery.
- In addition to a warm welcome, this position offers a competitive salary, open to discussion depending on your experience between £28,000 and £35,000 per annum.
- Working hours are 0745 - 1630 Monday to Thursday, 0745 - 1230 Friday.
- Pension scheme and 24 days holiday (+ all bank holidays) per year.
- All PPE and workwear provided for machine shop working.
To apply or simply to find out more
If you're interested in finding out more, or you would like to apply for one of these vacancies then please do get in touch by using the 'apply now' button on this web site, by calling and asking for me, Tom Andrews, on 01242-246-020 or by sending an email to tandrews(at)meridianbs.co.uk. I handle all communications in the strictest confidence and I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.
Meridian Business Support is a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, the governing body for the Recruitment Industry.
All applications received will be acknowledged and any details shared will be handled carefully in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Keywords for search purposes only: CNC estimator estimating cost costing price pricing precision engineer engineering sub contract GL11 5NS
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.
- CNC estimator estimating cost costing price pricing precision engineer engineering sub contract
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'