Engineering Document Controller
The Document Controller has responsibility to control and support the correct flow of documentation for quality and sign off throughout the manufacturing and buying processes. You will apply your understanding of company technical products and data to ensure that the documentation systems and Quality Systems are robust and updated at each stage.
You will support the development and revision of department policies and procedures, in particular, ensuring that releases and changes are documented and approved and that records and computer data files are current.
- Support the Document Control of the company paperwork and act as the interface between the purchasing, production, design and engineering teams, ensuring that the correct sign off has taken place at each stage
- Plan, establish, and revise Document Control workflow sheets and controls
- Apply your understanding of company technical documentation systems and Quality System requirements to continuously assess, evaluate and make improvements in documentation systems configuration. Work closely with system users and IT to optimize systems
- Identify areas within the current system for efficiency gains and recommend solutions
- Support the purchasing team with putting together Bills of Materials in the correct format and style
- Receive updates regarding project changes and relaying information to senior managers
- Vast amounts of administrative duties
- 1+ years of experience with Document Control and/or document management systems
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Have a technical mind for knowledge and understanding of the products and services
- Working knowledge of Electronic Data Management Systems
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Visio)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Document Management
- Technical Administration
- Bill of Materials
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"