Salary circa £75,000 + bonus + car + pension + private health
Location: West Midlands, South Birmingham
An experienced Engineering Director is required for this manufacturer of metal formed products. Working across a range of industry sectors they are at the forefront of advanced component and complex piece part production. Now widely recognised as a leading innovator in the field of advanced forming lightweight metal products, the business has seen a significant increase in its order book. To further strengthen their technical capability, they are now looking to recruit an experienced and dynamic Engineering Director. This is a technically challenging role that will require expertise in CAE, DFM and new product introduction. In addition the role will hold responsibility for production engineering and maintenance.
To be successful in this role you must have a demonstrable track record of managing an advanced CAE department involved in the manufacture of complex lightweight metal products in a low volume, high variety environment. As Engineering Director, you will need excellent communication skills, be commercially aware and have a strong engineering and manufacturing background. Your process knowledge could include pressings, forging, casting or lightweight material product production gained in the automotive, aerospace or general engineering sectors.
To be considered for this Engineering Director position you must have:
- A thorough understanding of CAE tools and techniques used in the production of complex tooling and assembly
- An excellent understanding of NPI gained in a fast-paced complex engineered product environment that involves developing close client relationships
- Significant people management and leadership experience, gained in an advanced engineering department working with a wide variety of demanding clients
- A strong understanding of modern maintenance techniques including TPM and condition based monitoring used on complex automated production equipment
- Experience of design for manufacture and continuous improvement including the rigorous application of SMED techniques, cycle time reduction and the elimination of waste
- A dynamic and driven personality with excellent communication skills, confident and comfortable working across all levels of an engineering / manufacturing business
- A real passion for advanced engineering and track record that demonstrates an ability to lead and build a high performing engineering team
- An ability to build robust working relationships both internally and externally with clients and suppliers
- A relevant engineering degree gained in either a Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Materials related discipline
This is a challenging Engineering Director position and presents a unique opportunity to develop and lead a technically strong engineering team for a business that has huge growth potential. In particular, your knowledge and experience of NPI and project management gained within a gateway process will be essential. This role will involve travel and close contact with clients in support of new business development and product launch activities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job