Engineering Design Lead - Civil and Structural Systems
Location - Plymouth
Rate to £45 per hour Ltd Co
Contract role - 6 months +
Main Purpose of Role
As Engineering Lead for Civil & Structural Systems; ensure systems are designed against a clear statement of compliance with defined requirements, including demonstration that the design meets relevant Health Safety & Environmental and specified Nuclear Safety requirements.
• Lead and manage one or more technical design packages agreeing project related objectives, managing technical teams producing the designs and making appropriate technical management responses.
• Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget.
• Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and leading the project’s technical planning process.
• Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements operate and deliver through compliance with Babcock’s Business Management System and Technical Manual.
• Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
• Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
This role reports to the Facility Design Manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
The candidate should have:
• Experience of design and substantiation of heavy civil engineering and building structures to relevant seismic codes for satisfying Nuclear Safety Functions; particular experience in dock structures preferred;
• Knowledge of architectural design of industrial buildings;
• Knowledge of construction techniques employed for Nuclear Safety related structures and buildings.
Degree in an appropriate engineering discipline.
Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council.
Nuclear Introductory Course or equivalent nuclear and / or marine system knowledge.
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Chartered Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'