Engineering Coordinator / Operator - Artex - Ruddington, Nottingham
At Saint-Gobain people matter to us, and we try to show that every day. As part of this, our aim is to create an enterprising and innovative working environment, where you have the opportunity to learn new skills, and develop your career. Did you know we have been awarded top UK & Global Employer 5 Years Running!?
This role is working with Artex, Artex is part of the flourishing Saint-Gobain construction products division. You may know us as a famous brand in DIY and decorating but may not realise that we have developed into a major distributor of building products, decorative finishes and specialist tools. Our site in Ruddington is predominately a product packaging and distribution operation.
As site engineering Coordinator you will be working a permanent morning shift 06:00 to 14:00 over Monday to Friday. The role will see you operating, maintaining, repairing and developing site machinery and equipment. This is a dual role ideal for a mechanical apprentice trained Engineer with an interest in plant maintenance and development and is open to other none engineering duties. You will be seen as the subject matter expert on our machinery technically and also from a production and operating perspective. The role will see you spending large periods of time working in a production operating capacity but will also see you as the lead on machine maintenance and development.
- Understands how the production machinery and equipment functions and operates. Will become the area expert and point of contact for knowledge.
- Develops required SOP's and work instructions for machine set up to ensure consistency.
- Explores opportunities for improvement to machinery and processes, and delivers training where required.
- Lead production visits to showcase your areas of responsibility.
- Have the confidence to liaise with all members of ARTEX, and where required offer healthy challenge.
- Active support of any NPI or NPD throughout the business.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory, statutory and ARTEX EHS Process Safety standards.
- Be responsible for maintenance and repair of our production assets.
- Take an active role to help deliver and control the production maintenance projects OTIF whilst helping to develop the long-term maintenance plan.
- Develop and deliver technical improvements for the production.
- Coordinate, select and manage contractors to ensure best price and service are achieved.
- Arrange and lead any inspections / audits for production areas.
- Ensure Risk Assessments and SOP's are built and then maintained for all production engineering related tasks and offer support to wider business where engineering experience would benefit.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities and lead implementation for production.
- Support adherence to all business controls / legislative requirements
- Deputise for Engineering Manager, in respect of engineering responsibilities and duties.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Has completed a mechanical or electrical engineering apprenticeship or equivalent.
- ONC / HNC / NVQ3 in a mechanical or electrical discipline.
- Experience of fast paced, FMCG manufacturing environments.
- Wide appreciation of pneumatic systems.
- A flexible attitude to duties across production and engineering.
'Making the world a better home' - Saint-Gobain's purpose, we have a history spanning more than 350 years and have a responsibility to address the major challenged faced by humanity. We are on a journey to make the world a beautiful and sustainable place to live and have pledged to achieve net-zero carbon emissions by 2050!
Flexible packages designed for you!
We know employees value different things more than others. As well as a great range of standard benefits we understand circumstances in life also change so flexibility through these changes is important. We give employees the ability to change and alter their package to match their needs. This flexibility is self-administered through our on-line employee hub called bubble! (Winner! UK & Ireland 'Best Flexible Benefits Plan' award at the Employee Benefits Awards 2020)
Explore the Saint-Gobain website to discover more about the way in which we design packages that are flexible our colleagues and include: owning Company shares, to staff discounts and support helplines.
We are an inclusive employer and keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, what football team you support, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We believe that working in a diverse business can be more enjoyable, teams can be more innovative, and make better decisions. We already employ many fantastic people from diverse backgrounds, but we still want to do more.
So, we are on a mission to make Saint-Gobain inclusive and accessible to all, with role models for you to look up to and learn from, no matter who you are!
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role. We can't guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting. But, we promise to listen
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'