A well-established Global Commodity organisation who specialises in supplying a portfolio of Raw Materials and Machinery to meet the needs of manufacturing companies, is looking to expand their procurement division due to continued success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a member of the Engineering team you will be expected to liaise with a select few key clients. These clients are manufacturing organisations in the FMCG sectors (Food & Beverage, Confectionery, Canning Equipment, Edible Oil), Sugar Refining, Cement Manufacturing and Power Plants.
- Act as a single point of contact between the internal customer and the Engineering team.
- Selection and development of vendors to best meet the specifications, quality and logistical requirements.
- Understand the internal customer’s requirements and float enquiries.
- Negotiate prices and draft terms and conditions of purchase.
- Implement cost control and improvement programmes with vendors to maximise profit contribution through effective purchasing and establishing commercial agreements.
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS REQUIRED
- Preferably Degree in Economics, Buying or Business.
- Experienced buyer / purchaser with strong commercial understanding. Preferably worked in the FMCG sector.
- Familiarity with OEM Machinery & Equipment suppliers in Europe and Asia.
- Familiarity with INCO terms as this is an international Trading environment.
- Ability to evaluate suppliers and negotiate favourable terms of business.
- Hands on ability to manage and enter enquiries, quotations and contracts onto computer systems.
- Numerate with high degree of computer literacy.
- Low-cost region sourcing expertise is preferred, but not essential.
- Experience of working with customers in the Middle East is preferred.
- Experience of working on ERP Systems is highly desirable, with SAP Business One particularly beneficial.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'