Octopus Labs is looking to recruit an apprentice to work within their engineering function. The successful candidate will spend time in each of their delivery teams as well as our architecture and testing functions. You will be exposed to all stages of the software delivery lifecycle and will receive on the job training to allow you contribute to the design, development and testing of their products.
A typical day
- Contribute to the design of Octopus' products
- Involved in testing products
- Contribute to the development of Octopus' products
- Assigned a side project that will require you to learn .Net core, Azure and SQL Server technologies
- Partake in face to face as well as computer based training
You must have
- Five GCSE grades C - A* (4-9) or equivalent, including English and Maths
- Level 3 qualification (A level, BTEC or equivalent)
- Three months' prior coding experience
- You have a genuine interest in technology
- You will have a passion and a curiosity for learning new things
- You will be comfortable with change, and will be prepared to move between teams and functions
- You will be prepared to shout out when you are struggling with something, or need more time to understand
- You will be excited about working in a multi-cultural fast paced environment with engineers based all over the world
- You will be comfortable with failure, and look upon it as a learning opportunity
- You will be able to work independently on a side project with support
Perks and benefits
- Amazing location
- Casual dress code
- Flexible working hours
- Mentor scheme
- Multiverse community
- Showers on-site
- Unlimited holiday
1. Training on the 18 month Standard Level 4 Software Developer (SWE4) apprenticeship.
2. Being a Multiverse apprentice means access to awesome social events, sports teams, insight/career days with other apprentices to grow your network, as well as your own personal Coach who will guide you through the qualification to help you achieve your full potential.
3. As part of your Multiverse apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to help you develop the 6 key competencies: well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness and grit.
After your Software Engineering apprenticeship, you can progress into a junior developer role (this includes web and app development). You'll have the skills to continue growing within a tech team, and have enough knowledge/experience to pick up new languages with ease. Software Engineering Level 4 will also provide a good foundation for transitioning into data science.
- Communication Skills
- Coding Experience
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'