Power your future with our engineering apprenticeship programme
Are you excited to kick start your engineering career in a dynamic organisation, focused on securing the UK’s energy supply?
Our Engineering Apprenticeship programme provides the perfect blend of development; including the technical, practical and business skills needed to begin your career as an engineering craftsperson of today and tomorrow.
Salary: A starting salary of £13,985 rising to circa £25,000 in year 4. We also support your accommodation costs and expenses during academic study and training.
Programme duration: 4 years
Entry Requirements: Minimum 5 GCSE’s A*-C including Science, Mathematics and English
Engineering craftspersons are essential to our power generation business. RWE Generation UK is committed to developing highly skilled people; and provides exciting career opportunities within its portfolio of power generation sites.
During the first 2 years you will study towards your Advanced Manufacturing Engineering diploma in Bradford on block release, and undertake a range of practical skills training delivered at our Yorkshire training facility. In years 3 and 4 you will develop ‘on the job’ in class leading power stations. You are supported throughout your programme by experienced power industry and training professionals.
In years 1 and 2:
- You will complete the IOSH Working Safely course.
- You will achieve a BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
- You will learn valuable technical and practical skills at Ferrybridge Training Academy
- You will agree your specialist area of study with your line manager and mentor, from Electrical, Mechanical, Operations or Control & Instrumentation
Years 3 and 4:
- Your will complete the IOSH Managing Safely course
- You will be based at a power station or our engineering workshop, developing your agreed specialism, supported by power industry specialists and training staff.
- Your will undertake further Specialist Technical Skills Courses
- With your cohort, you will achieve a CMI level 2 Diploma in Team Leading
- On concluding the programme, you will be ready to apply for IET EngTech accreditation.
- You may have the opportunity to further develop and work towards a Higher National Certificate
On successful completion the programme, we look forward to your application for a role as a craftsperson within the specialist maintenance team at one of our power stations.
Who are we looking for?
- Your inquisitive and analytical mind-set make you a great problem solver
- You have a desire to learn, and further develop your skills
- Your highly motivated can-do attitude will enable you to work independently
- You are a fantastic team-player with exceptional communication skills
- You take initiative, are conscientious and committed
- You have a passion for the energy industry
About RWE Generation UK
RWE is one of Europe’s five leading electricity and gas companies. Through our expertise in oil, gas and lignite production, in electricity generation from gas, coal, nuclear and renewables, and in energy trading as well as electricity and gas distribution and supply, we are active at all stages of the energy value chain. Around 66,000 employees supply over 16 million electricity customers and more than seven million gas customers with energy, both reliably and at fair prices.
RWE Generation UK is the UK’s second largest energy generator, supplying over 10% of the Country‘s electricity with over 8.5GW of installed capacity. RWE stands for security of energy supply and provides flexible, firm capacity, making it a key partner to enable the UK to transition to a low carbon future. RWE’s UK sites are located across England, Wales and Scotland and the business provides around 1,600 jobs in the UK.
We are committed to continuous improvement, and continue to invest in plant, property and equipment to modernise our existing fleet and invest in new technologies. RWE is committed to its responsibility towards the environment, its employees and the community; to building a diverse and inclusive organisation and to valuing the contribution that all of our employees make.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We build trust. We deliver performance. We inspire passion
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'