Our client based in Spalding is looking to recruit an Engineering and Projects Manager on a fulltime permanent basis. This role will involve the day to day management of the Engineering team and also full responsibility for Facilities of several sites but also delivering on projects that are ongoing for the business.
- Ensure local engineering teams, facilities teams and contractors operate within safe systems of work including adherence to contractor control and permit systems.
- Ensure that engineering and facilities activities are conducted within the scope of the quality and food safety mgt. systems, in particular applying best practice to the control of physical and chemical contaminants.
- Ensure that an effective planned preventative maintenance programme is delivered covering all assets (equipment and facilities).
- Provide subject matter expert support (particularly on automation & process control), to customer and supplier facing work streams.
- Manage, develop and provide direction to the engineering and facilities team.
- Manage the capital investment programme including project identification, evaluation and execution. (In conjunction with identified project owners)
- Project manage strategic operational projects using PRINCE2 principles and provide project mgt support to the wider business on key strategic projects.
- Manage the engineering and facilities opex budgets.
- Manage vendor contracts including energy, laundry, PPE and MHE.
- Manage though your direct reports effective critical spares and engineering stores processes.
- Lead studies of existing equipment and process applying structured problem solving methodologies and engaging with key stakeholders such as machine operators to identify and implement improvements.
- Lead the creation and review of a structured engineering and facilities improvement plan capturing benefits against agreed baselines for quality/service, safety and cost.
- Have a strong electrical and mechanical engineering background likely to include electrical certification and multi skilled diploma.
- Have a proven ability to manage safely likely to include IOSH managing safely certification
- Have recent experience of automation in a manufacturing environment.
- Have a proven record of project management within a PRINCE2 framework, likely to included PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification
- Have managed a team of multi skilled engineers in a manufacturing environment ideal FMCG
- Have managed CAPEX projects including process line installation and commissioning, and facilities development
- Have facilities management experience including tender and contracts management
- Have managed opex budgets within engineering departments
This is a great opportunity to join a large FMCG business based in The Spalding area. Interviews to happen early April.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job