Engineering and Asset Team Leader
A market leading FTSE 100 Defence organisation is currently recruiting for an Engineering and Asset Team Leader to take on permanent positions ASAP. The company is highly regarded for its employee recognition and vital position in today's market place. You will be a driven individual who is looking to work in a fast paced environment with supportive team in a diverse and challenging environment.
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows -
- Day to day management of Engineering and Asset support to the Pumps contract.
- Development and implementation of design and support improvements for all contracts in the HESS business range.
- Provision of Technical Support to HESS projects.
- Working with the Project & Business Managers to deliver timely and adequate planning and resource support to the HESS projects within the Equipment Management Business Stream, including design support, CLS, PDS and test work.
- Management of in-house and sub-contracted staff to ensure delivery of technical support services to time, cost and quality.
- Provision of the policy & management framework for delivery of technical support services.
- Ensure effective technical exchange and communication with other parts of DST business for governance, OEF and to promote best practice.
- Provision of Technical Support to HESS Business Development opportunities
- Working with the Bid Managers to deliver timely and adequate planning and resource to support bidding requirements for HESS Projects.
- Develop and implement the long term Asset Management Strategy in line with business cases for generating cost and reliability savings, covering a ten year contract timeframe.
- Total ownership of the Asset Management function and the implementation of suitable support tools to optimise stock holdings and reporting to the customer.
- Carry out continuous performance reviews and studies of Assets and feedback outcomes into the Asset Management tool to ensure optimum stock holding levels are maintained
- Collaborate with the supply planning team and customer to develop and maintain the Asset Management capability / tool through shared information gathering and continual feedback, ensuring a continuous improvement ethos is adopted.
- Provide detailed specialist knowledge of Pump Assets and Fluid Systems ensuring continued Holistic Management over their full life cycle.
- Ensure that SQEP resource is maintained at optimal levels to support the current and future business needs.
- Assess the needs (current & future), plan, implement and control the skills, Qualifications, training and professional development of the technical workforce across the HESS Business Stream.
- Ensure compliance with company processes and internal and external regulatory and customer technical requirements.
- Devise, implement and control processes and procedures aimed to continuously improve our technical capabilities and the way they are delivered internally and externally.
- Assist and support the quarterly forecasting, as well as the budgeting exercises in terms of resource assessment and planning.
- Focal point for Safety Management.
- Design, Technical Authority and signatory (customer delegated if applicable) for all HESS, recommended and implemented innovation /design solutions.
The successful candidate will display the following skills and experience -
- Master's Degree level in an Engineering discipline
- Chartered Engineer
- Significant experience of Royal Navy operations or support, as well as experience to demonstrate the ability to lead and manage a technical team within the framework of recognised Supportability Engineering standards.
- Demonstrable experience in the application of Asset Management principles and procedures.
What's on offer?
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits Package
- Work for a forward thinking and dynamic company
If you would like to be considered for the aforementioned position please submit an application or contact Tom Dugmore on
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job