Dairy Crest is in a very exciting period of growth focussing on investment and development of our existing strong brands including Cathedral City, Country Life and Clover and the manufacturing of Demineralised Whey and Galacto-oligosaccharide (GOS).
Our Davidstow site has recently completed a major refurbishment and expansion programme. The site produces over 50k tonnes of cheddar, 24k tonnes of Demineralised Whey Powder and circa 13k tonnes of Galacto-Oligosaccharide, employing circa 165 employees on a 365/24 basis.
Purpose of Job
- To provide administration support to the Engineering Department
- To plan and arrange Engineering Department staff training
- Providing support and cover for Engineering Department
- Support Engineering Department annual contracts
- Support the Engineering Budget process
- Monitor Engineering jobs on the Site Action Log
- Purchase Order Management
- Support the compliance for calibration records
- Maintain Salutes Tracker and Electronic Permit to Work system.
- Manage control of Safe Contractor and records
- To maintain appropriate compliance documentation
- Set up of new Suppliers and documentation
- Meeting minutes and taking notes
- Maintain variances within the Engineering Department
- Any Administration duties the Engineering Manager may request
- Delivery of Site Engineering Department Training plan to time and budget
- Airsweb monitored and tracked on completing of tasks
- Contractor Control - Safe Contractor
- Tracking and support in managing contract performance
- Calibrations maintain and file and communication to the Technical team
- Liaise with Contractors in order to keep compliance documentation complete
- Challenge costs quoted especially through the Budget stages
Knowledge & Experience Required
- Strong people skills
- Strong experience in a similar administration role
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels
- Able to work in a calm, controlled and effective manner in a fast moving environment
- Motivated by the challenge of Continuous Improvement, you will understand the very latest tools and techniques
- High degree of computer literacy
- Good budgetary control skills with strong numerical aptitude
- Demonstrates strong analytical and planning skills
- Demonstrable decision making skills
- Good understanding of document control
To apply for this role please send a current CV and covering letter by clicking "Apply"
Please ensure that you quote the reference number 7138 when submitting your application for this role.
The closing date for this role is Monday 29th October 2018. Any applications received after this date may not be processed.
- General Admin
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'