Do you want to take your Engineering degree to the next level? Have you already started your Engineering career and are ready to move into a supportive and collaborative team?
The Coal Authority has an exciting opportunity for an Engineer to join the team based in Mansfield on a full time, permanent basis in return for a competitive salary of £31,044 - £43,220 per annum.
The Coal Authority are experts in resolving the impacts of mining to protect the public and the environment. The Coal Authority undertake environmental and remedial projects in historic mining regions on behalf of ourselves as a statutory duty holder, and for other agencies such as EA, DEFRA and NRW.
Our experience in engineering design is proven by many years of providing the critical information required to complete complex civil engineering projects. We have recently been appointed by NRW to undertake an extensive range of vital intervention projects to improve river water quality in Wales to reduce pollution caused by historic metal mining.
Our values are to be inclusive, trusted and progressive in everything we do.
The Engineer role:
Within the Engineering team you will be helping to resolve the impacts of mining through the application of your civil engineering skill and experience. Your principal area of work will be in designing environmental interventions in historic metal mine regions. You will also be supporting our subsidence and environmental work in the traditional UK coal mining regions.
Working alongside a dynamic team, you’ll provide support, and leadership where required, to produce designs and specifications for civil engineering remedial works using the best available techniques to balance safety, cost, quality and sustainability.
You will also be working alongside environmental scientists and project managers to investigate and report on future strategies for environmental improvement.
Responsibilities of our Engineer:
- Advise Coal Authority Senior Management on Engineering matters for Projects throughout the UK
- Report writing and designing works of Civil Engineering
- Assess factual and interpreted information arising from field observations, investigations, and technical review
- Fulfil the role of Designer under CDM Regulations or in the spirit of CDM Regulations and to provide advice as to whether the regulations apply or whether specialist skills are required to be outsourced
- Develop options and cost implications of proposed works
- Design the remedial works to a standard commensurate with best available techniques not entailing excessive cost
- Draft drawings and schedules of rates or bills of quantities
- Draft specifications and instructions where external specialists are required to undertake design works and manage that process
- Provide detailed specification of works to be carried out
- Supervise projects where specialist consultants have been appointed
- Support the field team and attending field visits and site meetings as and when required
What we’re looking for in ourEngineer:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or other suitable engineering qualification
- Experience in a civil engineering, mining or related field
- Experience in the design and specification of civil engineering works and of CDM regulations
- Ability to work to a sustained and high workload
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Report writing skills
- Ability to assimilate information and analyse data
- Decision making skills
- Team working skills
- Risk Management and Liability assessment
If you believe you are the right candidate for the role as our Engineer then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you.
Closing date: Thursday 8th October 2020
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'