We are currently looking to recruit an Engineer to join Ocado at our state-of-the-art, automated Customer Fulfilment Centre in Purfleet, Essex. This site is around 300,000 square feet and boasts world leading technology, that is predominantly developed in house at Ocado. At full capacity we will be fulfilling over 70,000 customer orders a week from Purfleet, which requires a 24/7 operation and a dedicated team of Engineers and Technicians.
As an Ocado Engineer, you will be undertaking day to day reactive and planned engineering maintenance activities and improvement works at the Customer Fulfillment Centre, on MHE such as conveyor networks, lifts, cranes, belts, etc.
Day to day duties will include:
- Reacting to MHE breakdowns (both mechanical and electrical), locating the fault, analysing the issue and completing the fix in a timely manner to keep operation downtime to a minimum.
- Be required to keep accurate records such as work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores, etc.
- Work closely with other departments to will find ways to increase machine reliability on existing and new equipment, diagnose equipment breakdowns and action repairs ensuring direction of labour and planned engineering activities fully support the operation.
- Attend meetings as required and be able to analyse data and find solutions to improve equipment performance whilst ensuring safe working practice and full communications are maintained at all times.
- In addition, you will be involved in projects within the business to develop an effective engineering install and commissioning.
What do we need from you?
- Have strong electrical experience preferable within a FMCG environment.
- Have a formal qualification in an electrical subject (apprentice served, NVQ, HNC or equivalent)
- Have knowledge / experience of working with controls, analysing faults and providing solutions.
- Experience of both reactive and preventative maintenance
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software.
- Strong organisation and communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplined team of varying levels of technical experience.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 2 years of experience working in a related field at an appropriate level.
You will be required to work 12 hour shifts with an average of 42 hours per week. This will involve working days, nights, weekdays and weekends, where an element of flexibility will be needed in order to meet the needs of the business.
You will be required to complete your training in your first 4-6 weeks in the role. This training will be held at our sites in either Andover and/or Erith to be completed Monday-Friday.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Cineworld, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Electrical Engineering
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'