New Build Housing
Salary - £40,000 + package
We are currently recruiting an experienced Engineer for one of our 5* House Building companies who specialise in building high end spec 3, 4 and 5 bedroom Houses.
- Work with Land Department to ensure smooth transition of information.
- Check all drawings and details for accuracy, correctness and commercial suitability.
- Liaise with external consultants to ensure deadlines are met.
- Apply for and secure statutory body approval of Engineering Design and Ground Investigation.
- Attend site visits and meetings in order to solve issues that arise during the construction process.
- Attend design meetings with the highways and planners to ascertain requirements from a council perspective for new developments.
- Ensure that new regulation requirements are anticipated and incorporated as required.
- Procure Site Investigation Information.
- Provide provisional assessment of abnormal design requirements.
- Monitor progress of the adoption of roads, sewers and public open space areas.
- Pursue the reduction and release of outstanding Bonds at the earliest opportunity.
- Assist the Engineering Manager to obtain fee quotations from specialist consultants for all engineering design and technical report requirements.
- Provide technical and administrative support to the site teams.
- Obtain all required technical approvals in line with programmed site start dates.
- Work with the Central Design Team to develop products and research build systems to ensure they are ready for legislation and market change.
Knowledge & Experience required
- Experience of managing developments and external consultant
- First rate communication and influencing skills
- Good at developing relationships
- Flexible - able to work at all levels and at hands on level
- Proven written communication skills
- Computer literate in MS Office
- Previous experience of building relationships with clients/customers
- Excellent engineering knowledge - foundations, road & sewers.
- Proven track record of delivering S38, S278 & S104 designs & approvals
- Good understanding of the Planning and Building Control processes
In return for your skills the company offer a competitive salary plus an excellent company package (Car, pension etc) along with further training and development.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job