LOLER / PUWER safety inspector / Engineering surveyor required to join an established and growing Inspection and Certification company, performing the varied and interesting role of statutory engineering safety inspections of lifting equipment, pressure plant and dangerous machinery/ guarding. Operating in a vast range of industries and working environments, to ensure our clients compliance with insurance, legislation and Health & Safety requirements.
The successful candidate will possess:
Min. 5 years practical experience in Lifting and Handling Equipment or Pressure Systems ONC/ OND/ C&G Licence in Mechanical Engineering or HNC /HND or equivalent I.Eng Status
A Professional attitude with attention to detail and an enthusiastic approach to engineering.
Self discipline with an ability to organise own time, working from home.
Liaise, advise and satisfy clients inspection requirements.
Ideally located in North Birmingham, South Birmingham, North Warwickshire, West Midlands and Black Country (although recruiting elsewhere in the UK )
Full training and professional development provided
The successful candidates will possess:
- ESSENTIAL - Higher National Certificate (HNC), Higher National Diploma (HND) in Mechanical Engineering discipline (or part Mechanical course) or Plant Engineering or Marine Engineering, I Eng or NVQ Level 4 or Full Technological Certificate / Full Tech Certificate or equivalent
Ex Forces background can sometimes be useful but not essential - Royal Electrical Mechanical Engineers (REME), RAF, Army, Navy, Marine Engineer.
- A Professional attitude with attention to detail and an enthusiastic approach to engineering.
- Self-Discipline with an ability to organise own time, working from home. liaise, advise and satisfy clients inspection requirements.
- Min. 5 years practical experience in Lifting and Handling Equipment or Pressure Systems
Must have hands on experience in one or more of the following areas
- Lifting & Handling / Materials Handling
- Boiler Pressure - steam, air and water systems and refrigeration plant
- LEV - Local Exhaust Ventilation
- Power Press
Lifting Equipment and Machinery and mechanical handling plant can include some or any of the following;
Cranes; overhead cranes; gantry crane, pendant; materials handling equipment & machinery;
scissor lifts; lifting gear; lifting equipment;
hydraulics; fork lift trucks; cherry pickers; winches;
davits; telehandlers; shackles; hoists; wire ropes;
JCBs; excavators; Lifts; Elevators etc
A complete remuneration package including; £31,000 to £34,500 dependant on experience. Possible bonus dependant on individual and company performance, company car, pension, telephone and expenses awaits the best candidate for this interesting and varied career with "no two days the same" ethos.
To apply, please send your c.v. to include details of your qualifications, experience, skills and current salary.
- Pressure Systems