Engineer Surveyor - Power Press
Salary: £36,857 - £42,749
Are you looking to progress your career within a market leading engineering business? At Allianz Engineering, Construction & Power we offer many opportunities within engineering inspection.
One of the key roles within Allianz Engineering, Construction & Power is that of the Engineer Surveyor. Our Engineer Surveyors are at the forefront of our business, visiting client sites to carry out inspections and assessing a wide range of plant, equipment and installations.
Your new role:
This is an exciting home-based opportunity for an experienced engineer with a good knowledge of Mechanical Engineering and in particular the Power Press/Hazardous machinery discipline, to join Allianz Engineering, a division of one of the largest insurers and financial services companies in the world.
As an Engineer Surveyor you will carry out hands-on inspections of plant and equipment in accordance with company Technical Standards and Health & Safety provisions, reporting to your Area Manager. You will prepare reports of examination following your inspections using electronic reporting to ensure fast and efficient delivery to our clients.
The role requires the successful applicant to be:
- Up to date on their knowledge and understanding of all relevant Compliance and Regulatory rules and procedures that relate to the Power Press discipline
- Effective at short, medium and long-term planning, in order to diarise meetings, visits and work allocation.
- Able to travel effectively within their local allocated work area.
- Able to process documentation, as well as undertaking general administration.
- A good team player, for example deputising for fellow Engineer Surveyors (of own discipline) as and when required.
Successful candidates are required to hold (or currently be working towards) minimum qualifications in Mechanical Engineering - HND / HNC / Full Technological Certificate with experience in NDE (Magnetic Particle) would be preferable.
Skills & experience:
- A background working in a role such as the manufacturing / repair / maintenance of Power Presses, Brake Press, Injection Moulding Machines, Woodworking equipment, Associated Guards & Protection devices with hands on experience
- Strong customer interaction skills are essential, including good oral and written communication skills.
- Aptitude and understanding of the need for planning and an ability to prioritise your own workload.
- Ideally, you will be an Incorporated Engineer within a relevant engineering institution and have a recognised apprenticeship or have received equivalent training.
- Strong computer literacy skills
What we can offer in return:
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from - including retail discounts and insurance cover - so you can pick a package that's perfect for you. We also offer flexible working options and global career development opportunities across the wider Allianz Group. That's on top of enjoying all the benefits you'd expect from the world's number one insurance brand, including:
* Starting Salary after training - £36,857 to £42,749
* Travel time in included within working week
* Competitive annual bonus scheme
* Overtime earnings - Uncapped
* Flexible buy/sell holiday options - Up to 5 days per holiday year
* Company car - Toyota range
* Flexible working
* Generous pension contributions
* Development days and unlimited Learning & Development opportunities
* A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products for you and your family including car, home , pet and equine
* Health & lifestyle benefits for you and your family including Dental, Bupa , Canada Life and Cycle to Work
* Employee Support Programme
* Retail discounts including BMW, Vodafone, Uber Eats, attractions, travel ,shops and more
* Life cover x4
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'