Job Title - Engineer
Package - Up to £48,000 + Package (DOE)
Location - Birmingham
We are currently searching for an experienced Engineer, for our client a highly successful housing developer that has experienced steady growth and has established themselves as a leading name in the Residential market.
- Co-ordination and administration of topographical surveys, geotechnical/geo-environmental surveys, CCTV drainage surveys, utility surveys, structural surveys.
- General engineering support to the technical managers; and the land, commercial, sales and customer care departments.
- Engineering appraisals of prospective development land.
- Co-ordination and administration of utility service disconnections and diversions of existing utility apparatus.
- Co-ordination and administration of new utility mains and services connections designs and quotations.
- Appointment of external civil engineering and structural engineering consultants, and the co-ordination and checking of the consultant's designs.
- Co-ordination and administration of specialist foundation designs and quotations.
- Co-ordination and administration of S38 and S278 highway works Agreements, S104 sewer adoption Agreements and S106 sewer connections applications.
- Co-ordination and administration of road works licensing applications.
- Participation in pre-contract, pre-start and project progress meetings.
- Liaison with Highway Engineers, Water Authority Engineers, Local Authority officers.
- Daily computer usage, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, printing/plotting and processing of electronic drawing files.
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Experience of working for a house builder or consultancy or construction company.
- Production of engineering designs
- Extensive knowledge of Section 38, 104 and 278 agreements
Knowledge and application of:
- Highway Design Standards
- Sewers for adoption
- Building Regs Part H & BS8301
- PDS design software
- Microdrainage design software
- Appreciation and knowledge of Building regulations and Structural and foundation design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organised with the ability to manage own time effectively, meeting deadlines set.
- Proficient in Microsoft
- Have excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Must be computer literate
- Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation
- Up to date relevant knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants; therefore only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear anything back within 7 days of submitting your application, you have unfortunately not been selected.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job