Engineer - Mechanical Fitter
Engineer - Mechanical Fitter
Salary: Starting salary of £23,864, 31 days hols, GPPP pension scheme (also available as salary exchange), life assurance, long service awards, childcare vouchers & Perkbox.
Contract: Full time, permanent. (Mon - Fri, 8am - 4pm, 40 hours per week)
Our client manufactures and supply thermal and acoustic glass wool products that meet exacting standards. Following the acquisition of our client by TechnoNICOL in September 2016, the business has gone through an exciting period of growth.
Due to this, our client has a position currently available within their engineering department. They are currently recruiting for a mechanical engineer- a fitter ideally with installation of new plant experience.
This additional role will help support their ambitious growth plans. This position is a great opportunity for someone to join and develop within their fast paced Engineering team.
About the position
Be a valued member of a proactive maintenance team by giving the best engineering service for an effective running of the plant. Carry out routine inspection and planned preventative maintenance tasks and including R.C.A. Assist in continuous plant improvement projects. Assisting in maintenance and repair of all manufacturing equipment Maintaining and working to improve a safe operation, which complies with current Health and Safety procedures.
Have accountability for areas of ownership to improve housekeeping and efficiency of the plant. Contribute in a positive manner to all tasks set and assist in finding solutions to problems as they arise and be a valued service to all departments within the company. Take responsibility for giving advice on engineering issues as they become apparent.
• Personnel - Be an effective member of the Maintenance team. Positive, resourceful and helpful in assisting with all requests from both Engineering and production departments. Able to work unsupervised and demonstrate understanding of procedures, equipment and its functions.
• Health and safety - This is the number one priority. A desire to get the job done will not take a higher priority than Health & Safety. Ensure that all activity risks are understood and managed.
• Service - Provide an effective service to ensure maximum availability and efficiency of plant. Proactive within engineering and/or other departments to improve plant safety, efficiency and reliability. Identify problem plant and suggest solutions either internally or externally. Help Stores to ensure the correct components are available.
• Standards - To work within the new and existing legislative requirements. The site will be controlled operated and maintained in a safe manner while working towards current legislative guidelines.
• Knowledge and skills - Sound education and experience working in industry. Have the skills and be able to advise solutions to engineering problems and help find answers to safety matters. Be a valued asset and help production with a common goal of safe operation with maximum efficiency. Able to suggest improvements to plant performance, equipment and/or spares availability then implement when funding or clearance given.
There may be the opportunity for this job to lead onto a shift role in the future.
If you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then apply today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"