Opportunity for engineering professionals to work with a large multinational manufacturing corporation, who have recently invested in their South Wales plant. The business offers an excellent benefits package as well as secure long-term employment and they have recently undertaken a large expansion project which has doubled the manufacturing output within a key area of their site.
As the engineer / materials planner, you will be responsible for the coordination of raw materials deliveries to meet the operating schedule of the plant. You will liaise with supply chain colleagues based globally within the company as well as with third party suppliers to plan and schedule raw material deliveries efficiently. Your duties will include:
- Communicating with supply chain colleagues internally and on other sites within the group
- Liaising with third party suppliers to plan delivery schedules
- Assisting with organizing logistics, security and transport of raw materials
- Working closely with a small team within the local supply chain team
- Reporting on raw materials scheduling to a supervisor based on another UK site
To be successful in your application for the engineer / materials planner position, you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- A degree level qualification in a relevant field such as chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, etc.
- Have gained industry experience in a manufacturing environment within an engineering or supply chain discipline
- Strong IT skills with all Microsoft Office applications (Word, EXCEL, etc.)
- Experience with SAP is desirable
In return, the engineer / materials planner will receive a salary of £40,000 - £45,000 (dependent on experience) + defined benefit pension scheme, share incentive plan, private health care for employees and their families, etc.
Please note - the role will be suitable for someone who has undertaken the role of chemical engineer, mechanical engineer, planning engineer, materials engineer, production engineer, process engineer, maintenance engineer, raw materials specialist, raw materials manager, raw materials planner, materials scheduler, materials planner, etc.
If you wish to work with this global manufacturing leader, please click on the apply button.
If you apply and your CV is of interest the consultant will call you if they cannot reach you, they will email and text you requesting that you call them back. YOU MUST return this call otherwise your application cannot progress!
- maintenance engineer
- process engineer
- mechanical engineer
- planning engineer
- chemical engineer
- production engineer
- materials planner
- materials engineer
- materials scheduler
- raw materials specialist