Vacancy Reference: AMK-CUM-JP-0808
Job Title: Engineer - Fire & Security Systems (Field based)
Job Type: Full-Time; Permanent
Servest Arthur McKay (SAMK) is part of the Atalian Servest Group. We are experts in facilities management, creating environments which enable people to deliver exceptional experiences to help organisations to be more efficient, effective and sustainable.
We currently have an opportunity for a mobile Fire & Security Systems Engineer to be home based and covering Cumbria area. The successful candidate will provide a technical engineering service with the minimum of supervision in respect of Fire and Security System servicing and repair and small installation. Responsible for undertaking Fire & Security planned preventative and reactive maintenance work services, ensuring adherence to operational, regulatory and contractual compliance. The role is critical to maintaining business functions, focussing upon critical, essential, Statutory and Non-essential systems and asset operational maintenance. The candidate will additionally be required to undertake the service and maintenance of other assets / trades were deemed competent to do so.
Main duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Installation, Service & Maintenance on Access Control, CCTV Systems, Fire Alarms & Intruder Alarms.
- To undertake PPM, proactive and reactive works issued through the helpdesk within set time frames so that the customer expectations are met.
- To provide callout response for the client as detailed on the callout rota.
- To undertake contractor control duties on behalf of the client, including monitoring of contractors and their workmanship, so that relevant standards are met.
- To ensure that equipment operates to specified performance criteria.
- To ensure equipment and surrounding area conform to agreed company standards.
- To provide a professional service and represent the company in a way which ensures customer satisfaction.
- To evaluate performance and ensure the proper servicing and maintenance of equipment under contract to the company is carried out.
- To take a pro-active approach to client liaison and ensure that concerns are dealt with or relayed to management as necessary.
- To be fully aware of contractual requirements and customer needs.
- To ensure that administration requirements are actioned on time and all necessary documents / records are maintained accurately.
- Working in a safe manner, complying with current Health & Safety legislation and Servest Arthur McKay H&S policy.
- Flexibility in working hours to meet Contractual KPI's.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in the installation and servicing of CCTV Systems (Analogue & IP preferred)
- Experience in the installation and servicing of Fire Alarm Systems (Analogue & Addressable)
- Experience in the installation and servicing of Intruder Alarm Systems (Wired & Wireless) Knowledge and understanding of engineering operations within Critical Environments.
- Experience in the installation and servicing of Computerised Access control systems.
- Sound technical and environmental awareness.
- Permit to Work and Authorisation processes.
- Have good understanding of Health & Safety issues
- Full clean driving licence
- ECS/CSCS/Trade Card
- FIA Modules
- Approved Electrician NVQ level 3
- Customer focussed individual with proactive approach to working.
- Ability to work on own initiative and or as part of a team.
- Ability to work safely at all times, and the ability to understand contract and Health & Safety requirements/regulations.
- To attempt to solve issues in the first instance in a manner that will not put the client's products or people at risk of contamination as a result of our works.
- Possess effective communication skills with ability to write technical reports and or communicate verbally with supervisor, manager, helpdesk and client representatives.
- Ability to use electronic hand held devices & IT literate
- Contribute to business continuity.
- Awareness & understanding of statutory compliance obligations.
- Ability to identify issues or risks that require escalation as necessary to Supervisor or manager.
- This role will require Disclosure Scotland, Baseline or other similar security clearance may also be required.
Hours and Environment
This role is for 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday 8am - 16.30pm, with the expectation to work overtime to deliver the needs of the business. A home based mobile role covering the Cumbria area.We offer excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its' great people - We believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success. If you are interested in applying for this role and meet
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"