With an annual turnover of $22.3 billion and a rental and leasing fleet of over one million vehicles spread across 9,900 locations worldwide, Enterprise Holdings – owner and operator of Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo Rent A Car and National Car Rental – is a company that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world.
We have an opportunity for an Engineer 3 to join our European IT department based at our European HQ in Egham, Surrey.
This Engineer will focus on building an environment of Continuous Delivery and drive the development of associated DevOps processes, tools and practices leveraging various Microsoft products such as Azure, Release Management, Visual Studio, TFS, Visual Studio Online and a variety of Azure PaaS services. Technologies widely used in the team include ASP.NET and MVC web applications, SQL databases, Cosmos DB. Solutions are hosted on a mixture of on-premise and cloud-based Microsoft platforms.
The successful candidate must have a broad technical background, experience with System Administration, development practices with hands on experience in designing, developing, and delivering Azure PaaS solutions as well as working knowledge on Azure IaaS solutions. Candidates must be able to identify actionable opportunities to progressively move our solution delivery capabilities forward, suggest recommendations and influence direction of decisions. They must be able to work independently and proactively with little or no supervision, and possess the leadership skills necessary to drive projects on their own, set meetings, and see projects through from start to finish, taking personal pride in acting in this capacity. The successful candidate needs to have a drive to own the outcome of engagement with the solution delivery teams both globally and in EU.
- Take ownership of:
- Automated release pipeline through all environments from DEV to Production
- Azure Cloud-hosted PaaS environments
- Application Performance Management tooling and capabilities
- Governance process enabling teams to comply with standards
- Wider engagement with the IT departments globally. Especially teams in EU
- Internal service improvement initiatives
- Enable development teams with the ability to rollout applications through environments via CI / CD pipeline
- Support teams with automated environment provisioning. This may include new or scaling up/down existing environments
- Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team and gain consensus and cooperation of others from multiple areas/departments and business partners
- Champion continuous delivery best-practices and processes
- Coach engineers to leverage DevOps tools and processes empowering them to self-serve solution team's needs. Act as a point-of-contact for any challenges associated with these processes
- Aid with releases in a Tier-2 support capacity and help with troubleshooting efforts
- Look for opportunities to gain efficiencies and ensure that the Azure estate is right sized for the needs of the department
- Role will involve occasional out-of-hours availability
- Protect our customers, our employees, and our brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions and daily job responsibilities; follow security policies and procedures
Required skills & competencies
- Creation of scripts using PowerShell or similar for software development
- Working knowledge of the following
- Azure Networks
- Azure PaaS services like cloud services, app service, cosmos db, storage, redis, SQL azure
- Java Script, XML, HTML, CSS, ASP.Net, C# or VB.Net
- Working knowledge of Version Control Systems – server-based / distributed (e.g. TFS, GIT)
- Proven experience with automated build and deployment tools using Microsoft VSTS
- Structured approach in problem solving
- Potential to lead, motivate and inspire a team with a strong desire to work collaboratively
Preferred skills & competencies:
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Azure IaaS
- MVC framework, Asp.Net MVC Web-API, JQuery, Windows Forms, WCF, WS-*, RESTful services is an advantage
- Application Performance Monitoring tools (App Insights, Dynatrace,..)
- Azure Functions, Logic apps, Traffic manager, Application service environment (ASE) hosting
- Ability to take a leadership role in technical environment with a passion to take people along on the journey.
The role is based at our European Head Office in Egham, Surrey, TW20 9FB.
Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process
- Hours: 40 per week
- Salary: Competitive
How to Apply
We take great care in our recruitment process to find the ideal candidate. It’s not all about us, we want you to have the chance to find out what we’re all about.
- The first step is our application form, which takes about 30 minutes to complete. As well as telling us lots about you, it helps us identify the kind of competencies that we look for in our Software Engineers.
- If your application is successful one of our Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to arrange a competency based telephone interview.
- Finally you will be invited to attend an interview with the hiring manager and you have the chance to meet the team.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"