Engine Test Technician
Engine Test Technician to assist with testing of engine prototypes on a very exciting engine product. The Engine Test technician will have experience of working with engines and fit out. Strong practical experience and knowledge of engines is a must.
The company is a privately owned, well-funded company. Having taken a clean sheet of paper approach through its development programme to deliver diesel engine designs that combine best engineering practice with patented technologies to unlock new levels of performance and packaging.
Key benefits of the product over conventional diesels of similar power output is improved fuel efficiency and storage safety compared to gasoline engines of similar power output.
The Technician will be responsible for ensuring the successful installation, test and production of results from test cells and test rigs.
- Installation of engines into test environments (Cell/Vessel) manufacture of rigs as required
- Day to day operation of the test environment ensuring all equipment is operated safely and correctly at all times
- Completion of test requests as required by Test Manager & deadlines
- Daily up keep of engine and facility test logs
- Perform preventative maintenance on test cell equipment
- Project documentation as required
- Adhere to company health and safety standards
- Sound understanding of the theory and practice of engine and rig testing
- Good mechanical and electrical background
- Good working knowledge of a test environment including but not limited to, Dynamometers, Electric Motors, Thermocouples, Pressure Transducers, Flowmeters, Emissions Analysers, PID tuning, Test schedule writing
- Fault diagnosis of both electrical and mechanical systems
- Experience of Test and Engine Control Software Packages
- Present information clearly and concisely through written and verbal communication
- IT literate and proficient with all common Microsoft software packages
- Working knowledge of test control and logging software, oscilloscopes, multimeters
- Experience with Engine Control Software Packages
Desirable knowledge and experience:
- Minimum HNC/HND in an automotive subject required (time served technicians considered)
- Fabrication and machining skills advantageous
- Past experience within an engine/rig test environment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"