Energy Trading Analyst Bristol to £30k p.a. + benefits
Analytical with a passion for numbers and data? Join this new start-up digital energy company
As Energy Trading Analyst, you will support the retail pricing, wholesale purchasing processes, analysing market conditions and data to facilitate pricing & hedging decisions. Using quantitative reporting and analysis techniques, you will optimise the company's wholesale portfolio based on forecast pricing models. Working with energy trading partners and internal teams, and reporting to the Finance Director, responsibilities include:
- building a hedged energy portfolio
- tool and model building, maintenance, deployment
- validation & back testing of models
- requirements gathering, technical design, unit testing
- consultation work groups, understanding traders' needs
- providing feedback on market conditions & optimal strategies
Our client is a brand new start-up business. A sustainable "energy sector" business with a conscience, the company will meet the increasing demand for a new response to our environment and current operating norms. Using smart technology and a shared customer community platform, they are building a true eco-friendly, consumer-focused, technology business.
As Energy Trading Analyst, you will have a passion for sustainability and the environment. With knowledge of energy, power, trading or financial markets and a relevant qualification (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Maths, or Finance), you will have strong analytical experience, and:
- a flexible approach to work independently and as part of the team
- great verbal and written communication and analytical skills
- the ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- the ability to coordinate multiple initiatives and priorities at the same time
You will be joining this company at an early stage - many exciting developments are planned and the role may evolve into diverse areas and functions. You'll have the opportunity to help develop the company's proposition with your natural sense of curiosity.
If you wish to be considered for the role of Energy Trading Analyst, please forward your CV stating current remuneration details and availability quoting reference 272581A.
WE REGRET WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK
Applications are invited with experience in: energy trading analyst commercial analyst technology data processing jobs computer finance statistics jobs digital energy analyst Bristol data analysis jobs
ThreePeople advertises vacancies on behalf of clients. If your CV matches our clients requirements, we will forward your details to them to confirm your suitability. By applying for this role, you consent to the submission of your details for this purpose only. Your CV will not be retained by ThreePeople for future use.
- energy trading analyst commercial analyst technology data processing jobs computer finance statistics jobs digital energy analyst Bristol data analysi
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job