Energy Trader (Energy Procurement)
We currently have a permanent vacancy in our Energy Trading team. The team is responsible for buying natural gas and electricity on the wholesale energy market.
The role involves direct communication with clients to keep them up to date with market movements and buying decisions, which requires excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with clients.
The role would suit a candidate with either existing experience in financial investments, the energy procurement sector or experience in a relationship management role, who is looking to further their career by specialising in risk management / trading.
- Trading / hedging energy - buying gas and electricity on behalf of numerous clients, to fulfill future consumption forecasts
- Market analysis - keeping up with energy prices, global events and related markets, such as commodities, foreign exchange and equities to make trading decisions
- Strategy compliance - ensuring that trading activity and the position is in line with the agreed risk management strategy
- Client communication - recommending trading activity, informing about market movement, and reporting the cost of purchased energy to the client.
- Process - compliance to internal energy trading processes
- An understanding of commodity markets / financial markets / investments. Knowledge of energy related markets is advantageous, but not essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication - reporting to clients is a significant part of the role, therefore clear communication, and the ability to build strong relationships is important.
- Highly organised - ability to manage numerous clients and positions, whilst remaining compliant to process
- Numerical aptitude / precision - responsible for trading high value contracts and therefore accuracy is vital.
- Decision maker - able to make logical decisions, whilst remaining cool under pressure.
- IT - Proficient with standard Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
- Financial Markets
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'