Role: Energy Position Controller
Location: Canary Wharf
Salary: Circa £40K + 20% bonus
Do you have experience of working in live energy markets? We have a role for an Energy Position Controller to assist in the management of the procurement hedging function for a gas and power portfolio. The Energy Position Controller will assist in providing gas & power commodity pricing, position management and monitoring exposure. You will be implementing strategies which will have a direct impact on the curve P&L’s, monitoring and collating real time energy market information and trading screen prices. So, if you have some experience of working in energy trading, and are highly analytical - apply for the Energy Position Controller today!!!
- To procure long / mid-term energy for specified European entities
- Monitoring daily volume and P&L exposure of curve positioning strategy
- Understand all aspects of gas Storage including use for balancing, bidding for SBUs (capacity), injection and pre-purchase strategy, and Mark-to-Market reporting
- Creation of market related prices for European entities on a daily basis including standard flexible customer portfolio and SME matrices
- Look to improve existing processes & procedures used by the Procurement team.
- Evaluate economic potential of projects to mitigate European entities risk from not having power generation capability (including effective hedge strategy & exposure impacts).
- Produce pricing tools for the valuation & quotation of energy export contracts
Key skills and experience:
- 2+ years commercial experience in an energy role, preferably exposure to live energy markets.
- Strong knowledge of European gas and power markets is required.
- Proficiency in use of Excel, Access and VBA is required.
- Knowledge of MATLAB/C++/Java or other OOP language is an advantage.
- Proficiency in French, German, Dutch and/or Spanish is an advantage.
- Confident person able to interact with customers and other teams
- Well-organised and capacity to work under pressure.
- University degree qualification.