Energy Policy Officer
Suffolk County Council have an exciting opportunity available for an Energy Policy Officer to join the team in Ipswich. You will join us on a full time, fixed-term/secondment contract lasting 12 months (based on funding). In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £27,041 per annum (pro-rata for part-time).
Do you want to work on projects that contribute to the growth of the Suffolk economy and help the UK achieve its net-zero ambitions?
We are looking for an Energy Policy Officer to join the Economic Development Team to support a number of projects that will grow the energy sector in the county.
About the role
As our Energy Policy Officer, you will report to the Head of Economic Development but receive direction from a team of officers working on major energy-related planning applications, skills development, inward investment and sector promotion. The role provides the opportunity to be involved with a complex and fast-moving policy area, working closely with teams and directorates across the council, and with a very wide range of partners at a high level.
You will be required to lead on areas of research and policy analysis to inform local practice, identify and secure external funding, and support the management of a portfolio of external relationships with stakeholders.
What we are looking for in our Energy Policy Officer:
- The ability to operate with a high degree of day-to-day autonomy in completing tasks whilst working closely alongside the line manager and key officers
- Demonstrable experience of contributing to the development and delivery of a variety of successful economic or social projects
- Demonstrable experience of carrying out research, analysis, and writing reports.
About the team:
The Economic Development Team has a strong track record of working on strategy development along with project delivery. We have a culture of extensive partnership working with internal and external colleagues and matrix managing projects and staff.
We will offer you the opportunity to learn and broaden a range of skills and experiences including:
- Driving and securing the benefits of Net Zero Energy projects for the people and environment of Suffolk
- Bringing resources into the county that will directly benefit the economy and residents of Suffolk
- Working with senior officers and politicians to shape long term strategy
- Increasing your knowledge of the economy of the county which will be of use in a range of other disciplines.
We positively encourage the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions, there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you.
Due to the current situation with Covid-19, we have strict limitations on staff working in our offices and most of us are being asked to work from home.
Why not click ‘apply’ today to find out more about the role and be considered as our Energy Policy Officer – we would love to hear from you!
Closing date: 11.30pm, 27th July 2021
The authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part-time working available specific roles, please see the Job and Person profile
Suffolk County Council – welcoming diversity.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'