To work as an Energy Monitoring Officer within the Property department of Entrust based in Stafford. The role involves, but is not limited to:-
- Analysing utility usage and billing data
- Undertake energy and water audits
- Offer energy advice consultancy
- Contribute to CRC submissions
- Preparation and writing of reports / bids
- As an expanding organisation, the successful candidate may be required to work regionally or nationally
This role sits within the the Entrust Property Services unit whose principal activities are to provide a complete energy and utility procurement, monitoring, performance management, billing, DEC, BMS and bureau services for a portfolio of County Council clients including schools, emergency services and council buildings across Staffordshire.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing large utilities contracts, ideally for commercial gas companies.
What you will do:
- Manage SystemsLink energy management database for the monitoring of energy/water consumption and associated costs to provide financial reports as well as savings and value for money for our customers.
- Produce statistical energy consumption models for corporate properties and schools in order to validate savings achieved by implemented energy saving measures and identify problematic energy consumption patterns
- Provide data analysis reports and advice to customers (as required) on all matters relating to energy efficiency, to inform energy policy, strategic planning and budgeting
- Day to day management of a bulk purchase group gas contract
- Liaise with suppliers, other regulatory bodies and customers as required
- Assist the Energy Manager in optimising the use of all energy and water resources, for our customer base
- Undertake energy and water audits of premises to identify inefficient energy/water consumption, make recommendations for the implementation of corrective measures and provide where appropriate detailed costings for our customers of installation of remedial and/or additional equipment including controls
- Assist our customers to be compliant with legislation relating to Energy Performance Certificates and Display Energy Certificates.
- Assist our customers with the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme to ensure compliance, including data collation, reporting and purchase/surrender of allowances.
- Assist in marketing the Energy Management function and linking services into clients' needs
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of energy management plans
- Report opportunities to improve the profile, reputation or performance of the unit to the Energy Manager
- Assist and identify opportunities for income generation and supporting delivering to new customers
- Maintain update and develop the Energy Management Web Interface, which is remotely accessed by contracted clients and reports site specific energy management data.
- Input / monitor collected fuel consumption and cost information from manual recordings, utility bills and/or electronic data files into the utilities database.
- Make checks and adjustments to BMS systems, production of reports and input of time changes, provide BMS cover on a rota basis.
- Resolve clients billing and consumption queries and provide relevant information to them.
- Carry out fuel and water monitoring investigations, either via site visits, invoice / electronic records or meter readings provided from client sites.
- Instigate high consumption investigations.
Your experience will include:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in appropriate engineering/environmental discipline or membership of a relevant professional body, e.g. CIBSE, Institute of Mechanical Engineers, Energy institute or similar
- Accredited assessor to produce Display Energy Certificates and Advisory Reports is desirable.
- Experience in successfully supporting CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme compliance
- Highly computer literate in PC based systems including Microsoft Office Suite and specifically spreadsheet and Energy Management monitoring and targeting database packages such as SystemsLink.
- Experience of carrying out energy management and water audits
- Experience of researching, analysing, interpreting, and presenting energy management information using spreadsheet/graphs and explaining complex information in a way that is relevant and easily understood
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant energy-related policies, legislation, and initiatives.
- Ability to write comprehensive energy and water audit reports
- Driving license and use of a car for business purposes and the ability to travel around the country when required.
- DBS enhanced disclosure will be required.
Entrust is a joint venture between Capita and Staffordshire County Council. We work across the UK in partnership with schools, academies and local authorities to provide specialist expertise around school improvement, learning technologies, and property and support services. We currently work in over 50 local authorities, with 600 schools. Join us and you'll be part of the fastest growing school-to-school support partner in England.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
- contract management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"