ENERGY EFFICIENT OFFICER - HOUSING
3 MONTH ASSIGNMENT
Main responsibilities of an Energy Efficient Officer:
- To investigate, inspect and report on and resolve cases involving the Housing Health and Safety Rating System, the Decent Homes standard, compulsory purchase procedures, houses in multiple occupation, energy efficiency, harassment, tenancy issues, legal enforcement action and other private sector housing activities
- To inspect and survey buildings and land including the preparation of schedules of work, defects, plans, priced specifications, energy audits and the use of risk assessment techniques and equipment.
- Gather evidence under guidelines such as the Police & Criminal Evidence Act and prepare legal cases for the purposes of civil and criminal proceedings in courts and tribunals including prosecutions, debt recovery and compensation claims.
- Ensure that all administrative tasks relating to energy efficiency are carried out efficiently and that accurate records are maintained, including the submission of grant applications.
- To develop and maintain appropriate knowledge and expertise in energy efficiency matters to provide appropriate advice and guidance to council officers, Members and other agencies.
- Promote partnership working with a number of relevant agencies, statutory and non-statutory, to represent the Council on inter-agency forums and working groups as necessary.
- To contribute and lead with the aim of meeting specific targets relating to energy conservation, decent homes and sustainable energy.
An Energy Efficient Officer must have:
- Knowledge of private sector housing within the local government framework including the enforcement and regulatory functions, landlord and tenant law and the application of all relevant legal and practical principles
- Understanding of construction technology, surveying techniques and schedules of work, application of risk assessments and the framework of landlord and tenant law as it relates to rights and responsibilities
- To hold an appropriate approved academic or vocational technical qualification in a related field, alternatively to attend and successfully complete a Domestic Energy Assessor's (DEA) course.
- Experience of one or more aspects of private sector housing work including the legal and technical application of housing law to standards of accommodation and the rights and responsibilities of owners and occupiers.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Energy Efficient Officer, offering a competitive rate at a desired local authority.
*Please apply online with your CV. Please note that only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted*
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'