the successful candidate would have the following duties:
The Energy Consultant/cy shall provide a schedule of fees to undertake the duties as listed below:
The Consultant/cy will provide ad hoc technical support and advise on the following:
* Procuring and ensuring a fully managed service due to lack of in house resources to procure a POSO service. The Consultant will detail what would be required to operate both models in terms of internal resource inclusive of all costs.
* A full listing of Laser procurement options (baskets) with a summary of each model outlining pros and cons and to make a recommendation on the best model
* Review all the procurement options for Laser including risk models this shall include a full market appraisal to show what types of services are available through which route to market (framework, collaboration, open market etc)
* Review Laser procurement options against other suppliers including risk models to outline the differences between the Laser models.
* Complete a full options appraisal of what LBBD's options are around procuring gas and electricity for 2 to 4 years (or other period covering the contract term with the POSO and the utilities supplies contract length) from 30th September 2020 onwards including detailed analysis on what is the best contract length to have to ensure the Council receives best value, maximum risk mitigation and likely costs.
* The energy consultant needs to be aware of a lack of internal resources and that LBBD has a very limited ability to onboard a new supplier with its current resources so costs for an onboarding a new supplier would need to include a robust business plan to include this provision.
Provide a detailed report based on the lowest risk and potentially cheapest price, considering any onboarding costs with a steer towards the preferred model, including:
§ Likely price certainty
* The Consultant/cy will need assist LBBD with data validation of the existing Laser portfolio.
* Prepare detailed specification and associated information as required.
* Prepare business & validation information for Tender
* Tender works for return to LB Barking and Dagenham
* Undertake a tender technical and commercial analysis of tenders received and issue tender review to LB Barking & Dagenham with recommendations.
* Undertake and minute post tender meeting with successful supplier and LB Barking & Dagenham
* Undertake and minute a prestart start meeting with the successful supplier and LBBD personnel
* In addition the Energy Consultant/cy shall produce a full business report on the provision of an energy section based on market models and a cost based analysis referencing other similar local authorities/associations with similar expenditures
By applying you will register as a candidate with Adecco. Our Privacy Statement explains how we will use your information.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job