Our client has a unique opportunity available for an Energy Co-ordinator to join the team. This is a full time, permanent role, and you will be offered a competitive salary of £23,398 - £25,951 per annum!
As one of the largest employers in the area they offer a wide range of services across the district including housing & assets, waste & environment, community protection, environmental health, planning and customer services to name just a few.
They are looking for an enthusiastic, committed and self-motivated individual to join their Assets and Procurement Section. The successful Energy Co-ordinator will be responsible for the procurement, management and administration of the council’s energy contracts, including delivering projects and initiatives that focus on reducing the council’s energy consumption.
Key Responsibilities of their Energy Co-ordinator
- Operate according to the company’s corporate values and codes of behaviour.
- Ensure at all times all Health & Safety legislation requirements are met
- Health & Safety Policy, its arrangements and procedures are implemented. This includes, where applicable, taking responsibility for personal health and safety and having regard to other persons affected by the performance of the duties of the post; ensuring that risk management objectives are delivered and other risk management activities effectively implemented and monitored.
- Exercise proper care in handling, operating or safeguarding any equipment, vehicle or appliance provided, used or issued for the performance of the duties of the post.
- Have a commitment to and understanding of the Council’s approach to equality and diversity and promote and deliver fair, sensitive and quality services.
- Comply with all relevant Council policies and procedures including financial regulations, code of conduct, HR policies / procedures, Data Protection, Freedom of Information Act and ICT Codes of Practice.
- Adhere to relevant working practices, methods and procedures and undertake relevant training and development as required and respond positively to new and alternative ways of working.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility of the post.
- Engage with digital models of service delivery and support the implementation of digital working methods.
- Manage and / or use resources in ways that ensure value for money and supporting the commercialism agenda.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the delivery of excellent service for all customers and service users.
Skills and experience required of their Energy Co-ordinator
- A technical degree in an energy related subject; e.g. energy, mechanical and electrical, environment or other building degree or relevant demonstrable experience.
- Experience of the day to day management of budgets related to energy efficiency, renewable energy and carbon management and their associated contracts.
- Practical experience of the efficient administration of energy contracts and budgets including monitoring and analysing energy use, keeping clear, accessible and up to date accurate records, identifying and investigating any anomalies in energy demand and identifying/implementing solutions and measures that improve energy efficiency, including renewable energy and carbon reduction measures.
- Experience of understanding complex technical issues relating to energy efficiency, renewable energy and carbon reduction measures.
- Experience of sourcing external funding to support projects that focus on energy efficiency, renewable energy and carbon management.
- Experience in dealing with members of the public.
Closing date: Friday 23rd March 2018
Interview date: Friday 13th April 2018
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to develop your career as their Energy Co-ordinator. They’d love to hear from you!