Energy Auditor (Utilities)
Title: Energy Auditor (Utilities)
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000
Are you a Chartered Engineer with at least a year of work experience in conducting energy audits? As an Energy Auditor you will conduct energy audits of buildings, building systems, or process systems and possibly also conduct investment grade audits of buildings or systems. In this role you will prepare audit reports containing energy analysis results or recommendations for energy cost saving and analyze energy bills including utility rates or tariffs to gather historical energy usage data. As an Energy Auditor you will educate customers on energy efficiency and answer questions on topics such as the costs of running household appliances or the selection of energy efficient appliances. If this sounds like the role for you, apply today!
- Identify any health or safety issues related to planned weatherization projects.
- Collect and analyze field data related to energy usage.
- Verify income eligibility of participants in publicly financed weatherization programs.
- Compare existing energy consumption levels to normative data.
- Quantify energy consumption to establish baselines for energy use or need.
- Measure energy usage with devices such as data loggers, universal data recorders, light meters, sling psychrometers, psychrometric charts, flue gas analyzers, amp-probes, watt meters, volt meters, thermometers or utility meters.
- Inspect or evaluate building envelopes, mechanical systems, electrical systems, or process systems to determine the energy consumption of each system.
- Prepare audit reports containing energy analysis results or recommendations for energy cost saving.
- Analyze energy bills including utility rates or tariffs to gather historical energy usage data.
- Analyze technical feasibility of energy of energy saving measures using knowledge of engineering, energy production, energy use, construction, maintenance, system operation, or process systems.
- Determine patterns of building use to show annual or monthly needs for heating, cooling, lighting, or other energy needs.
- Educate customers on energy efficiency or answer questions on topics such as the costs of running household appliances or the selection of energy efficient appliances.
- Oversee installation of equipment such as water heater wraps, pipe insulation, weather-stripping, door sweeps, or low flow showerheads to improve energy efficiency.
- Prepare job specification sheets for home energy improvements, such as attic insulation, window retrofits, or heating system upgrades.
- Examine commercial sites to determine the feasibility of installing equipment that allows building management systems to reduce electricity consumption during peak demand periods.
- 1 year of experience-hotel and care home.
- Chartered engineer.
- Confidence, perseverance, commitment, responsibility, flexibility, patience, tenacity, ambition, good sense of humour, ability to adjust to different circumstances fast
- Ability to deal with a conflict in a constructive way
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'