BMI Healthcare is the UK’s largest provider of independent healthcare. With a network of hospitals across the country, our aim is to attract the best nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals in addition to employing outstanding non-clinical and support staff who underpin everything we do. Being part of the wider BMI Healthcare group also offers the prospect for great career progression with opportunities throughout the UK.
BMI Healthcare’s Ross Hall Hospital in Glasgow is Scotland’s largest private hospital with 101 beds, 6 operating theatres, a 5-bay endoscopy suite and 22 consulting rooms. We are the only private hospital in Scotland with a level 3 intensive care unit (5 beds) and provide a wide range of treatments from routine investigations to complex surgery across many specialties. Eye Care Scotland, our dedicated ophthalmic suite, also offers treatments and surgical options for 11 sub-specialties within Ophthalmology and our 11 bed day chemotherapy unit provides Systematic Anti-Cancer Treatment (SACT) and supporting medications and is fully accredited with the MacMillan Quality Environment Mark which aims to set the highest possible standards for cancer care environments.
We have an opportunity for a Endoscopy Lead Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration.
- Basic and advanced Competence / qualification in Endoscopy Care and Decontamination.
- Operators and Managers Course in Endoscopy Decontamination.
- Teaching / Assessing / mentorship qualifications. Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies (Care Quality Commission, GRS, JAG, HTM 01 -06).
- Previous experience as a Senior Registered Practitioner or equivalent in an endoscopy service.
- Experience of clinical governance and audit.
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills including clinical and decontamination
- Ability to work in a team, and using own initiative.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills required
Duties of this role include:
- To support, coordinate and actively assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Endoscopy Unit.
- Provide quality planned care for patients during their peri-procedure phase of care by delivering quality patient care through appropriate clinical supervision and managerial leadership.
- Responsible for adhering to departmental decontamination programme for flexible endoscopes.
- Participate in the departmental audit program including decontamination, clinical standards, microbiological testing, patient experience etc.
- Participate in the completing all departmental risk assessments, COSHH assessments and implementing action plans to address risk.
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice.
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Assist in the enhancement, development, introduction of services and initiatives.
- Participate in departmental communication, policy development, and continuous quality improvement and meetings.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
If you would like any further information or an informal chat before applying then please contact Joan Melvin on
Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory PVG Check
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'