Howdens Joinery are looking for an End User Technology Support Analyst to maintain and manage our IT End User devices and systems. This extends from desktops, smart devices and supply chain systems to central management systems based in our office in Raunds.
Working as part of a larger team who are based in our site in Northampton, you’ll need to be able to work independently and think on your feet as you will be acting as the sole End User Technology expert in Raunds. Sitting with the Application support and Installations Team, you’ll be working with all areas of the business and within our supply division.
Reporting to the End User Technology Support Lead, you will use your excellent customer service skills and problem solving ability to continuously improve the service you deliver to your stakeholders. You do not need to have specific Supply Chain & Logistics experience as your IT skills can be transferrable but will need to be comfortable with working within this environment as you’ll be working close to machinery and may need to lift equipment if needed. An ability to communicate effectively and confidently with our Supply Chain & Logistics teams is however, an absolute must.
Skills and experience required:
- You’ll be currently working in a Desktop Support Engineer or End User Technology Support role.
- Have a strong understanding of End User Management Suites (Active Directory/LANDesk/Mobile Iron/Antivirus)
- Possess an MCP, MCDST or MCSE qualification
- Excellent numeric and problem solving skills.
- Experience in technical support of End User devices and associated equipment in Microsoft and Mac OS, iOS & Android based technologies.
- ITIL methodology
- Strong technical ability to deliver and manage End User Upgrades
- Strong Self-starting Capabilities
- Ability to transfer knowledge and approach to service excellence in a customer-facing environment.
- Self-motivated approach to researching new technical concepts and emerging technologies.
- Ability to manage the deployment of innovative solutions.
- Safety-first approach to applying changes on existing production systems.
- Able to commit to providing out of hours support to our site in Northampton and our site in Raunds on a rota basis
- Full driving licence and your own vehicle.
Howdens Joinery is a highly successful business, with more than 650 depots nationwide and more than 8,000 staff. Last year our sales reached circa £1.3 billion and we continue to experience significant growth and success. Despite our scale, Howdens remains a local business with traditional values.
We have a very competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday, company bonus and pension, free refreshments and snacks, onsite car parking, great social events and a friendly and supportive working environment. As well as the opportunity to develop within a high profile FTSE 250 company, you will be part of a rewarding organisation recognised for excellence in the workplace in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For.