Role: Employment Trainer
Duration: 12 month contract (rolling)
Hours: 9am - 5.30pm (Mon - Fri)
Full training provided
As part of the government’s Welfare to Work scheme which aims to get people back to work we are currently recruiting for an Employment Trainer to work closely with job seekers to enable them to gain the skills needed to secure employment.
You will be able to identify and overcome barriers to employment and have a good understanding of the current market and the challenges applicants may face.
With a proactive approach to your caseload, you will work to support job seekers to gain the skills needed to gain meaningful employment. You will work to weekly KPI’s and job start targets and have a proven track record of professional employment, coaching, training and life skills to enable others to find work.
As an Employment Coach you will be providing advice and support to guide and encourage job seekers to overcome barriers to employment, rebuilding their confidence following a period of unemployment and achieve realistic job goals.
This will be mainly delivered remotely via phone, video conference and other digital channels. The role holder will be expected to manage a caseload of participants, supporting their journey to employment, offer advice, create CV’s and direction to enable participants to access support they need.
• Manage a caseload of participants requiring additional support prior to entering employment.
• Delivering engaging virtual coaching and training
• Ensure regular contact is maintained and recorded for the duration of the programme.
• Use diagnostic screening, assessments and skills analysis to support participants consider all options available to them to gain employment
• Provide advice and support to develop realistic job goals with participants and agree tailored action plans.
• Create/Update CV’s and Covering Letters and undergo Interview practice Monitor participant progress against agreed action plans, providing advice and support as well as onward referrals and sign-posting
• Maintain awareness of employment opportunities available within your designated geographic area, highlighting these to participants as appropriate
• Maintain an up to date working knowledge of the local labour market, training opportunities and relevant support agencies
.• Re-building participant confidence and self-efficacy in the post-COVID landscape through supportive interaction and sign-posting to required activities and training.
• Previous track record of employment (trainers, coaches, teachers, advisors, professionals)
• Experience of giving advice, information & guidance
• Experienced and confident in delivering against targets and KPI’s
• Coaching / training /presenting skills
• IT literate - Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Web and Video, MS Teams. The candidate needs to be comfortable with these tools
• NLP qualification advantageous
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Excellent communication skills verbal & written
• Expert relationship building skills and communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving capability
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Are you suited to being an Employment Coach?
Experience in Employment Services is not a must, but if you're already working in the industry this is a plus.
We also welcome people who have had a stable work history ie Ex teachers, trainers, coaches, HR /recruitment consultants or professionals who have been made redundant due to to Covid 19. Jobs that rely on great service and achieving targets. If you've done one of these types of work before, then you may have skills that would suit and as full training is provided this will not only help you pivot your skills into a new career as an Employment Coach but make a difference to other people’s livelihoods.
We are dedicated to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
- Computer Literate
- Presentation Skills
- Training Coaching
- Teaching Classes
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'