Employment Support Officer
- Location: Durham, DH8
- Hourly Rate: £9 p/hr
- Contract: 3 month - Potentially extended
This post is subject to an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure
The Employment Support Officer is responsible for the direct provision of initial assessment, action planning and referral to programme or specialist services for customers referred to the section. In addition specific training / skills development activities or individual coaching and mentoring will be required as identified through the action planning process.
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
Contribute to the provision and delivery of high quality information, advice and guidance for customers who are referred to the team. To assist with training and development programmes against identified targets/individual learning plans - enabling customers to maximise their individual potential and progress towards employment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES SPECIFIC TO THIS POST
9.1 Undertake initial interview and assessment of customers, determining starting point and support required for individuals to make realistic choices regarding their education, work, and training options.
9.2 Provide assistance to customers to undertake appropriate activities to gain new skills and knowledge.
9.3 Work with a range of age groups to identify skills gaps and develop plans to eradicate them through the provision of ongoing coaching and support for customers.
9.3 Build strong relationships with customers through providing advice and guidance to facilitate their personal development and journey towards employment.
9.4 Monitor the progress of individual customers – providing appropriate levels of advice, guidance and support on personal development and skills building.
- Develop and deliver programmes, ensuring that the necessary educational, organisational and administrative activities are completed.
- Utilise knowledge, skills and experience to recognise difficult or challenging customer situations, using appropriate communication skills.
- Take a holistic approach to supporting customer needs, seeking and highlighting opportunities for change at the individual and programme level.
- Ensure the successful recruitment and progression of customers in line with agreed targets.
- To work collaboratively alongside and with other Officers employed within Durham Employment & Skills.
- Assist with the Quality Assurance System and procedures – ensuring organisational compliance against appropriate standards.
- Maintain organisational standards and administrative procedures, relating to training, financial and quality record systems.
- Ensure training and assessments are provided in a safe working environment complying with all Health and Safety legislative requirements, statuary and Council policy requirements.
- Liaise with external agencies as appropriate for the ongoing support and needs of individual customers.
- Maintain an up-to date level of technical and training knowledge/expertise.
- Comply with Equal Opportunities legislative requirements and Council Policy to ensure equity in employment matters and service provision.
- To uphold the Council’s standing as a body providing public services in a professional, competent, helpful and polite manner, maintaining strict confidentiality at all times.
- As an integral part of the staff team, maintain a flexible, involved and supportive role towards the work of the organisation - undertaking any other duties that may reasonably be required by the Manager.
Please send your Cv to apply for this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job