Be part of the solution
We are working with one of the UK’s largest Charities who have partnered with the DWP to create a fantastic support programme for people who have lost their jobs due to Covid-19. So many people have been adversely affected and need friendly, intensive support to find their way back in-to the jobs market and keep positive along the way
Employment support with a difference
This is a home-based role that utilizes a digital video conferencing platform to 'meet’ with customers who have recently become unemployed. You will manage your caseload of participants, managing their journey to employment, offering advice and direction to enable them to access support they need. The role will also involve re-building participant confidence and self-efficacy following a period of unemployment.
How you can provide support
- Manage a caseload of participants requiring additional support prior to entering employment.
- Maintain participant records in line with contract and funding requirements.
- Ensure regular contact is maintained and recorded for the duration of the programme.
- Use diagnostic screening, assessments and skills analysis to support participants to consider all options available to them to gain employment.
- Provide advice and support to develop realistic job goals with participants and agree tailored action plans.
- Refer participants to internal and external advice, guidance and support in line with their tailored action plan.
- Monitor participant progress against agreed action plans providing advice and support as well as onward referrals and sign-posting.
- Maintain awareness of employment opportunities available within your designated geographic area, highlighting these to participants as appropriate.
- Maintain an up to date working knowledge of the local labour market, training opportunities and relevant support agencies.
- Re-building participant confidence and self-efficacy in the post-COVID landscape through supportive interaction and sign-posting to support activities, training and activities.
This role will be based from home so please think carefully about whether you are able to work full time from your home and if you have a quiet place to provide video conferencing that is uninterrupted
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
- Experience of working in the employment and skills sector and delivering to specified targets, quality standards and compliance measures. (D)
- Experience in action planning to manage the progression of others (E)
- Experience in using motivational and action planning techniques to manage the progression of participants into sustainable work opportunities. (D)
- Ability to identify individual participant’s motivators to enable them to take ownership of their goals and actions. (E)
- Experience of providing one to one support or coaching and positively influencing other people’s professional of personal development. (D)
- Strong track record in achieving individual and team performance targets. (E)
- An understanding of the local and regional labour market and employment issues within one of more sectors or industries (E)
- A practical understanding of recruitment and selection processes within one or more sectors or industries (E)
- Knowledge of employment law and disability legislation such as Employment Law, Health and Safety, Equality and Diversity, etc. (D)
- Ability to problem solve and respond appropriately to a variety of situations. (E)
- Ability to manage, support and review a caseload to achieve targets and participant progression. (E)
- Flexibility to cope with the varying demands of the role, managing time effectively to achieve the desired results and willing to travel. (E)
- Comfortable working remotely using a range of digital channel including phone, video conferencing, instant messaging and email. (E)
- Good administration, IT and organisational skills with good experience of using MS office software. (E)
Please apply at your earliest convenience and a Consultant will be in touch with you shortly.
Our client is committed to a policy of equality of opportunity and inclusion. They are Disability Confident Leaders, support the guaranteed interview scheme and use of the government’s Access to Work scheme. Living their values they are keen to reflect the diversity of UK society at every level within their organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community including from people with lived-experience and/or knowledge of disability or social exclusion. If you have accessibility requirements and would like information in a different format, contact us to make alternative arrangements.
- Customer Care
- Employment Training
- Caseload Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'