Are you an experience employment Specialist? Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity with a leading Employability organisation?
My client is looking to recruit for an employment specialist working from their office based in Birmingham and to cover the surrounding areas.
- Conduct initial meeting with client to build rapport, gain consent to proceed with the trial, collect baseline information and use randomisation tool to assign to the trial or control group, performing the role of researcher under trial protocol conditions
- Support clients to understand their skills, aspirations and goals through the completion of a Vocational Profile and produce an Action Plan to obtain and sustain competitive employment in line with their preferences
- Assisting clients to understand their benefits through the delivery or sign posting for In Work Benefit calculations and sourcing additional financial support
- Focus on rapid job search with the client, whilst utilising local support networks to help them overcome their barriers to employment
- To develop effective working relationships with a range of external agencies who might be better able to help individuals to achieve their employment goals for example, local colleges, training providers and external supported employment services such as the National Careers Service
- Develop collaborative working relationships with employers to enable support to be provided to clients in work, and to help employers understand how to better support their staff. In particular, ensuring the service is focused on accessing the hidden labour market to unlock potential jobs that match with service user preference
- Source job opportunities for clients through tailored job search and regular contact with employers
- Promote the benefits of supporting service users to access employment, aiming to raise the profile of IPS services and raise expectations around the ability of service users to access paid employment
- To assess individual support needs related to work which might typically include help with benefits, travel to work, managing health at work etc. and sign post on for support needs
- To deliver Thrive presentations to potential participants and community partners as required
- To set up and coordinate events and pop ups to promote Thrive to potential participants
- Provide individualised in work support using the place then train model and ensuring effective support networks are in place to achieve sustainment
- To maintain a professional relationship with the clients of the programme and with other staff, with particular attention to confidentiality and maintenance of professional boundaries
- Management of an active caseload of up to 30 service users to meet personal and team targets and KPIs and provide caseload support internally to colleagues
- Track customers to monitor their progress. Gather the evidence required as part of the reporting and claims process
- Ensure accuracy and compliance with contract data entry, processes and procedures, documentation completion, the Fidelity Scale and the requirements arising from participation in a randomised controlled trial
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE OR EXPERIENCE:
- Driver with access to vehicle and business insurance
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt to a wide range of communication and learning styles
- Proactive approach to engaging with participants and sourcing potential referrals
- High level of optimism, initiative and effective interpersonal skills in order to engage effectively with service users, clinical teams and employers
- Influencing skills that promote commitment and action
- Focused approach to supporting job search and progression with a sense of urgency
- Client focused with a strong commitment to client care
- Disability Capability with demonstrable experience of supporting clients with mental ill health and other health conditions and disabilities
- Strong team player with a positive and flexible approach to both work and colleagues
- Creative problem solving skills and a positive approach to challenging and overcoming limiting beliefs
- Proactive diary management and organisational skills
- Ability to plan and organise workload to meet required targets and deadlines
- Experience of people development on a one to one basis
- Experience of meeting and exceeding programme outcomes and targets
- Accurate identification of candidate support needs both pre and post-employment, with appropriate interventions delivered by self, or sourced through additional support networks
- Creating and delivering candidate Action Plans
- Experience working with employers to develop job opportunities for clients, and to support them whilst in work
- Attention to detail and ability to work to a defined delivery structure
- Able to work flexible hours and travel through prior arrangement as the needs of the job dictate.
DESIRABLE (compulsory to be attained once in role)
- Holds Level 3 Diploma in Employability Services Sector qualification
- Holds Mental Health First Aid Qualification
- Trained in the IPS approach
In return, you will receive a package of £25,000 + Company benefits.
For more information or to apply, please email
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'