Employment Law Solicitor / Advocate
Salary up to £38,000 depending on experience + Company Car or Car Allowance
- Do you want to work for a business who is shortlisted for the Law Firm Innovation Award 2018 by the Manchester Law Society?
- Would you love the opportunity to work with a variety of different industries and clients every day?
- Do you want to work for a Company listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to work for 3 years in a row?
The role of Employment Solicitor / Lawyer is critical to the on-going success and future growth of Peninsula Business Services. The role of Employment Solicitor / Lawyer will be responsible for assisting our members when they receive employment tribunal claims by assuming conduct of cases from drafting responses, visiting clients, preparing cases for hearing and representing members in hearings.
Duties will include:
- Reviewing all claims brought against members in the Employment Tribunal.
- Obtain all relevant and necessary documentation and to draft appropriate responses on behalf of members for their approval.
- Prepare any reports for the insurer in respect of any claims as may be required.
- Advise members on the merits of any claims and the prospects of successfully defending claims.
- Conduct any conciliation or settlement negotiations on behalf of the member.
- Visit members either at their premises/offices or at the company offices across the country.
- Identify witnesses and assist in the preparation and drafting of witness statements or evidence in chief for hearing.
- Prepare trial bundles or documents in the appropriate or agreedformat in preparation for hearing.
- Attending and conducting case managements discussions, preliminary hearings, full merits hearings and remedy hearings as and when required at hearing centres in the UK.
- Law Degree and/or Employment Law qualification
- Employment Litigation and advocacy experience
- Confident and forward thinking approach
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure within a fast moving environment is essential
- Ability to work on own initiative with relatively little supervision
Peninsula has been established since 1983 with offices in Manchester, Hinckley, Glasgow, Dublin, Belfast and Sydney currently employing approximately over 1000 people.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for your, click on the link to apply today.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job