Dentons’ Global Employment and Labor Group includes over 200 lawyers, spread across our offices, who regularly represent management in connection with employment and benefits related litigation, corporate and governmental investigations, executive compensation and counseling projects. With our global presence and contacts, we are one of only a few firms that can provide multinational businesses with a coordinated solution to all their employment and benefits needs throughout the world.
Our employment and labor lawyers are known for their creative, business-savvy counseling skills and, when necessary, their results-driven, highly successful litigation practice. Dentons represents local and multinational businesses with respect to the full range of workforce-related issues and matters.
The global reach, consistent high quality, and efficiency of our Global Employment and Labor Group make Dentons uniquely qualified to provide both local and multi-national businesses with a comprehensive and effective employment and labor solution.Purpose of role
Dentons’ Global Employment and Labor Group includes over 400 lawyers, spread across our offices, who represent organisations in connection with employment and benefits related litigation, corporate and governmental investigations, executive compensation and counseling projects. With our global presence and contacts, we are one of only a few firms that can provide multinational businesses with a coordinated solution to all their employment and benefits needs throughout the world.
We now have an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Associate to join our growing practice in Milton Keynes.
You can expect a broad mix of work ranging from HR advisory, employment tribunal litigation, M&A and outsourcing. You will also work on large global projects with other Associates across the Dentons network.
You will maintain client relationships, contribute to business development and thought leadership, raising your own profile and supporting the continued growth of the practice.
The Dentons platform provides a fantastic opportunity for individuals to progress their career and be part of a growing practice and we are looking for people who are excited by the opportunity to contribute to that growth, whilst developing their expertise. The UK employment practice work as one team across London, Milton Keynes and Scotland.
We work with an interesting variety of clients across all sectors, with specific expertise in retail, transport and hospitality.
The role would be ideal for a 1-3 year pqe lawyer, however we would consider candidates above or below this.Responsibilities
- You will take a supporting role on a variety of transactions across a range of sectors
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Advise on day to day employment law issues for a variety of clients
- Act in the defence of employment tribunal litigation
- Contribute to business development and speak at conferences
- Contribute to thought leadership and raise the profile of the firm externally
- Strong academic record, including a degree or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of employment law and experience in advising large businesses on employment related matters
- Ability to work with a degree of independence
- Exceptional drafting skills and legal research ability
- Is dedicated to exceptional client service
- Business development ability and demonstrates market focus
- Financial and business awareness
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrates good judgement and resilience skills
- Shows strong initiative and drive and takes control of own career development
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities.Equal opportunities
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.About Dentons
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job