Building Better Opportunities Project
Mind Peer Support Employment Groups in West London
Interview date: week commencing the 2nd or week commencing the 9th April
1 x full time role 35 hours per week, £25,000 gross per annum
1 x part time role 21 hours per week, £15,000 gross per annum
Location: Hammersmith & Fulham
THE BUILDING BETTER OPPORTUNITIES (BBO) PROGRAMME IS FUNDED THROUGH BIG LOTTERY FUND AND THE EUROPEAN SOCIAL FUND (ESF)
Mind has been successful in securing funding from the Big Lottery Building Better Opportunities Fund (BBO) to support people in key West London boroughs with lived experience of Mental Health to gain employment, training or go on to further job searching. BBO is the result of the Big Lottery matching funds from the European Social Fund for projects across England that tackles poverty and promotes social inclusion.
The project will run for a period of 3 years, therefore all recruited positions will be for a fixed term contract of less than 3 years.
To support delivery of the project we are now recruiting for twoEmployment Advisors to be based in West London. The post will be specific to an area and recruited by the local Mind office that is managing that part of the project. The posts we are currently recruiting are:
BBO Employment Advisor x 1 Hammersmith and Fulham and Hounslow - 35 hours per week
BBO Employment Advisor x 1 Hammersmith and Fulham and Hounslow - 21hours per week
To apply for this post, please email CV and covering letter, stating the vacancy job title in the subject header. On receipt of your email you will be sent an application form to complete and return.
Scope of the job
With a working knowledge of employment programmes, common mental health problems and European Social Funding, the Employment Advisor will be responsible for the successful local delivery of the programme, ensuring we meet all ESF requirements and contract management by regularly reviewing performance against outcome profiles.
You will work closely with local stakeholders and be responsible for holding a caseload of participants and facilitating their journey through the project. You will process referrals onto the project, carry out assessments of suitability and provide a good signposting option for any applicants that are either ineligible or do not wish to progress.
You will then have close involvement in all aspects of the programme delivery and local administration of the funding contract and reporting requirements.
You will be working across the boroughs of Hammersmith and Fulham and Hounslow. You will be expected to build good working relationships with different referral pathways in these boroughs and keep up to date on all administration and monitoring duties. You will be expected to provide practical support to those seeking employment with a strong understanding of how to manage mental health problems whilst looking for work as well as in the workplace. You will be expected to attend team meetings, as well managerial and clinical supervision.
1. To manage the caseload of beneficiaries including referral, eligibility, assessment, delivery and support.
2. To manage local targeted marketing and communications.
3. To coordinate referrals and liaise with referral partners.
4. To administer local ESF contract management information, including holding responsibility for completing the ESF paperwork and claim reports.
5. To ensure service delivery within local budget requirements
6. To support engagement and coordination of local employer relationships
7. To work alongside other local employment projects, relevant health and social care agencies and education and training providers etc.
8. To provide comprehensive employment advice and support job search, including psycho-educational interventions
9. To work closely with other BBO funded local Minds to ensure consistency and supportive relationships
10. To produce reports, monitoring and other programme related information where required
11. To manage all aspects of peer support delivery including establishing groups, induction, training, support and coordination
12. To adhere to and support Equalities and Sustainability actions plans
13. To coordinate and manage other ESF funding requirements, for example marketing.
14. To undertake other duties that may from time to time be necessary, that are compatible with the nature and grade of this post.