We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. We are a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services
What the job is about:
Employment Advisers are the front line of our company. The main purpose of the role is to support unemployed jobseekers (our participants) with finding and sustaining employment, engage with employers and make local communities aware of the benefits of our service. Our participants are the lifeblood of our business and providing them with an excellent service is at the very core of the Employment Adviser role.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Meeting with jobseekers, identifying any challenges and barriers with finding employment
- Booking jobseekers to any relevant training courses including customer service, security, hospitality, personal development, IT literacy and many others
- Supporting jobseekers with CV writing and job application process
- Liaising with employers to identify any employment opportunities for the jobseekers
- Outreach work - promoting our service within the local community
Key to your success in this role is to demonstrate the ability to build rapport, show empathy, motivate people and influence their perception of working.
Required Skills and experience:
- Able to demonstrate coaching/mentoring experience and persuasion/influencing skills through previous work or social activities
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment (i.e. Customer Services, Hospitality, Social Care, Customer Services, Sales)
- Experience of working in a performance target driven environment
- Willingness to travel locally (e.g. to meet customers/employers).
- A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma
- GCSE English Language at a minimum of a Grade B (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). OR achievement of a Level 2 in Literacy Assessment at interview stage.
- Customer Service
- Action Plan Development
- Exceeding Targets
- employability skills
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'