Salary: £20,200 - £22,200
Randstad are working with a global organisation which provides employment and health programmes, services for young people, training/skills support and probation services. They are looking for Employment Adviser's to support participants, at the job station, with their account and other job station applications, as well as providing cover for the reception area as participants and visitors arrive. The ideal candidate will need experience within the public sector experience have excellent customer service.
- To act as the single point of contact at the hub points for any participant in resolving access and use of IngeusHub facilities
- Diagnose and quickly resolve access issues in order to minimise participant dissatisfaction and downtime
- Troubleshoot IngeusHub connectivity for participants
- To deliver group learning and one to one sessions for participants at hub points as required by the Performance and Delivery Manager
- Take ownership and responsibility of queries, issues and problems raised by participants in respect of utilising IngeusHub facilities
- Be fully aware of IngeusHub content
- Escalate issues and involve experts wherever required, in order to resume service as quickly as possible for the participant
- To support participants with job search activity as and when required.
- Dealing with day to day responsibilities of the office maintenance: post, booking of interpreters/taxis, issuing staff movements to the region, processing of paperwork.
- To complete tasks/projects as directed by manager which may include duties such as certification chasing and completion.
- To keep accurate records of all participant referrals and interactions on Ingeus' database and manual paperwork.
- To manage, order and administer petty cash, participant payments, vouchers, BACS, manager's credit card, checking of invoices in line with Finance processes and procedures.
- Build excellent relationships with colleagues, participants and external organisations
- Workshop monitoring - completing the analysis of customer feedback
- Enthusiasm for customer support, placing participants at the centre of all we do
- Excellent interpersonal skills both orally and written, with a high familiarity of working in a customer facing environment
- High level of personal organisation and time management skills in order to work to a high standard whilst under pressure
- Excellent IT skills and working knowledge of standard online applications
- Ability to quickly become an expert in new online functionality and applications
- Ability to simply describe and train others with low IT skills to use IT applications
- Ability to recognise and sensitively handle indications that may prevent participants from accessing IngeusHub, such as lack of confidence or low digital literacy
- Respect for confidentiality of personal information
- Understanding of reasonable adjustments and the impact of certain health conditions or disabilities when using a PC
- Able to effectively network to build and maintain effective relationships, both internally and externally.
- Adaptable to different situations and are resourceful in their approach.
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.