Mace are working in partnership with the country’s largest Housing Association to deliver circa £1bn of major estate renewal across 3 sites in South London. The project is now entering the delivery phase with several kick start sites being procured over the next few months. These sites will then enable further development phases coming forward creating a significant build pipeline over the next 10 years.
Mace are seeking to recruit a professional and driven person to deliver the Employer’s Agent role in relation to the kickstart start sites and then for the wider programme.
Demonstrable commercial background
- Integrate into an existing team and provide support and guidance taking an active lead in developing the Employer’s Agent delivery role.
- Responsible for leading and delivering the Employer’s Agent services on housing and regeneration projects within our current pipeline.
- Becoming a prominent member of the team, and where appropriate, leading and managing small team to deliver EA focused service requirements as required by the client and scope of services
- Carry out mentoring and training sessions for junior members of the team
- Contribute to the production of procurement information and provide due diligence to ensure client objectives are compliant with standards and forms of contract.
- As required take responsibility for monitoring all aspects of contractor’s performance on site and checking compliance against contract.
- Lead or contribute to monthly applications for payment, final accounts, dispute resolution, claims or non-compliance.
- Advise on and keep updated on legislation and standards applicable to the role of Employers Agent and ensure this is communicated across the team
Technical Competencies Required:
- Knowledge of administering JCT contracts
- Working as part of a team
- Excellent client relationship management skills
- Knowledge and experience of leading teams
- Ability to cope in a technically complex and fast-changing environment, and to respond calmly and rationally to changing aspirations in a deadline-driven situation
- Strong planning and organising skills including the ability to manage several work streams simultaneously.
- Appetite for embracing innovation and willingness to learn and adopt a transformational approach to design, procurement and construction.
- Proven track record of providing EA services ideally at least (5) years’ experience minimum (3) of acting as employers agent and managing and leading accounts
- Administer the building contract adhering to contract requirements and assist with any claims in a timely fashion.
- Preparation of employer’s requirements, tender documentation and management of procurement process through to Contract Award
- Proven technical and commercial understanding in relation to new build housing delivery
- Knowledge of administering a range of contracts and a range of projects in terms of value and complexity
- Experience acting as independent certifier and/or technical advisor on Joint Venture s106 developments
- Quantity surveying background
- Understanding of grant funding and discharge or responsibilities in relation to.
- MRICS Chartered or equivalent
- Experience of working in new build housing sector including affordable an private sale units
- Estate regeneration experience
Behavioural Competencies Required:
- Works well as part of a team
- Displays strong listening skills
- Adapts quickly to changing priorities
- Manages stakeholder expectations effectively
- Uses the appropriate method and style of communication depending on the situation and individuals involved
- Looks for ways to improve current working practices and processes
- Manages a project team effectively, setting goals and expectations.
- Can assimilate complex information quickly
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in written form
- Addresses performance issues quickly and effectively.
- Has managed a team of 3 or more people successfully
Qualifications, Certifications and Experience required
- 5 years minimum as Employers Agent
- Complex multi phased schemes
- New build
- Quantity Surveying or Building Surveying degree
- 10 years as Employers Agent
- Refurbishment and new build housing experience preferred
- Other forms of contract
- IOSH or similar
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in construction industry
- Quantity Surveying
- New Builds
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'