About the role
An exciting opportunity to be part of a fast growth team, with scope for progression.
We are looking for an experienced Associate Director to join the Employer Solutions Group tax team. The ideal candidate will have specialist experience in expatriate tax and international social security and will understand the complexities of dealing with a range of clients in both large and small organisations enabling them to deliver a first-class service.
About the company and department
RSM is a UK market leader. One of the key drivers of that success has been partnering our national network of specialists with the market-based teams. We are looking for an additional Associate Director in order to meet the continually growing demand for the team’s specialist services. We are looking for self-starting individuals who are happy with responsibility, want to work in a dynamic environment and have the flexibility to take the lead and manage multiple engagements with different teams on a simultaneous basis.
- Be the main point of contact for a portfolio of clients for the firm and respond quickly to clients.
- To have responsibility for a portfolio of tax compliance and advisory clients, whilst liaising and building relationships with the client, practising the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To advise on and manage the delivery of advisory projects to your clients, by working with the appropriate tax advisory teams. These projects will include but will not be limited to international working tax advisory work.
- To identify and advise where appropriate, on tax planning opportunities and to work with other specialist technical colleagues on the delivery of these opportunities as required.
- To brief junior staff on the client’s business and the pre-project instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work, and to undertake 'on the job’ training and appraisals where necessary.
- To manage the project services in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including likely costs and billing arrangements. Ensuring the work meets targeted recovery, and to bill clients on a timely basis.
- To research and prepare proposals for new work, and to take part in formal presentations to prospective clients.
- To be involved where appropriate, in the regions business development activities.
- To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments, and that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly.
- To develop a detailed knowledge of the firm’s specialist services and to undertake special work in response to client needs where appropriate.
- To maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil professional bodies’ CPD requirements.
- Be a line manager for staff, including taking an active role in their development.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- To ensure that the clients’ tax affairs comply with statutory requirements and manage compliance work team efficiently.
- To ensure tax quality at all times by adhering to the Firm’s quality standards.
- Maintain an awareness and observation of Health and Safety issues within the Firm and report any concerns to the Health and Safety Representative.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager, Head of Department or any Partner.
About the ideal candidate
The role requires:
- Very good standard of education
- Appropriate professional qualification CTA, ACA, ACCA
- Previous experience operating at Associate Director / Senior Manager or a similar role is required.
- Proven experience of identifying and having the ability to delivery advisory projects to clients.
- Proven experience in proactive client handling and project management.
- Proven experience in producing high quality, technically accurate work within budget.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our
Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
- Employment Tax
- Tax Advisory
- Expatriate Tax
- International working
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'