Our covenant specialist team works with employers, trustees and other stakeholders to understand the legal and financial obligations to the pension scheme. This is realised through providing an objective and independent assessment of the employer covenant (i.e.the ability of the relevant entities to support a pension scheme), along with providing strategic advice relating to changes in the covenant and other scenarios.
This role will offer an opportunity with many different associates within Willis Towers Watson. Skills developed will include specialist pensions advice, financial analysis, report writing and client contact with many of the world’s largest and most profitable organisations.
• Business reviews to assess the strength and risks of the Sponsor covenant
• Analysing financial forecasts and Sponsor affordability
• Assessing the position of competing stakeholders including a review of debt structures
• Considering the outcome to creditors, including the scheme, in a distressed scenario
• Reviewing transactions and corporate restructuring to assess their impact on the Sponsor
• Identifying alternatives to cash funding
• Assisting with project strategy
• Support the Senior Consultants within the covenant team
• Advise pension trustees and corporates on issues relating to employer covenant
• Preparing reports for trustees and corporates
• Responding to client queries
• Leading on smaller clients and simple queries
• Supporting on larger clients and complex queries
• Supporting strategies for growth of the covenant offering
• Present complex information in an understandable way
• Strong financial analysis skills and experience
• Enthusiastic with a strong desire to learn
• Experience gained within an actuarial, accounting or covenant organisation
• Excellent commercial awareness
• Excel and PowerPoint skills
• A financial or accountancy based professional qualification
• Pensions covenant experience
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.