Reports to: Head of ER
To deliver an effective and commercially focussed employee relations solution to the Pub Co business, ensuring cost effective, timely and brand enhancing advice and support which is commercially focused and consistently delivered in order to reduce the instances of ETs, disciplinary and grievance cases. This is a fantastic tactical delivery role for a fast paced team player
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Lead, coach and develop the ER team acting as an ambassador to implement new ways of working.
- Ensure the ER team is appropriately resourced and skilled to deliver a commercial, pragmatic and timely service across the Pub Co business.
- Equip the ER team with the appropriate ER skills to drive the performance management agenda.
- Ensure Employee Relations policies are in place that reflect best practice, are compliant with both current legislation and the business strategy on employee relations. This includes maintenance of existing policies and the creation of new policies, maintaining professional external networks where appropriate.
- Build strong, credible and visible relationships across the business and be viewed as a trusted advisor.
- Develop and own the ER budget and relationship with appropriate external advisers/vendors.
- Ensure the case management system is consistently used across the ER team and line managers are effectively coached through issues and case management.
- Set appropriate expectations for governance, escalation and communication of ER risk and act as an escalation point for all high risk ER issues.
- Ensure appropriate communication and hand-offs between the central ER, Business Partner and management teams.
- Internal case management of tribunal claims and ac as the key contract for the external supplier/vendor
- Establish appropriate measurement and SLA metrics to ensure a high standard of delivery and case closure/avoidance
- Manage the production of periodic reporting and analyse and trend HR data to proactively identify gaps in performance at organisations, functional or team level
- Work with the Learning and Development function to ensure appropriate employee relations development plans are in place and are effectively delivered to all managers with people management responsibilities
- Coach senior line managers and HRBPs on complex ER cases
- Undertake HR project work as required in own area of expertise, either individually or within a project team and support related business projects where own area of expertise has an impact
- Keep up to date with relevant employment legislation
- Develop and execute a plan to keep the field HR Champions engaged and educated
Skills / Attributes, Knowledge & Circumstances
Skills and Attributes
- Self-starter, open minded and willing to try new ideas.
- Desire to drive change, high energy
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and facilitation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Basic statistical knowledge
- PC Literate
- Very well organised on time management with good attention to detail
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative in independent field role.
- Resilient to key customer pressure
- Hospitality or Multi-site Retail Industry Knowledge
- Employment law knowledge
- Commercial awareness of cost versus benefit for different employee solutions
- Ability and willingness to travel as and when required
- Ability and willingness to work outside normal hours as the role dictates
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- CIPD qualified
- Significant ER management experience gained in a fast paced multi-site retail or hospitality business
- Proven experience of leading others and setting clear expectations for delivery
- Proven experience of introducing new ways of working
- Experience of complex ER issues (including tribunal claims)
- Ability to interpret ER related data, produce analysis and commercially based recommendations/solutions
Location: Burton Upon Trent, UKReference Code 1076438
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job