* Manage a varied and complex caseload extending across the full range of individual employment issues relating to conduct, capability, attendance, general performance management and grievances.
* Implement appropriate interventions to secure the timely resolution of individual and collective workplace matters, promoting creative business focussed solutions that operate at the leading edge of employment practice, are fair, open and transparent and sustain a positive and healthy employee relations climate.
* Investigate, present or advise on conduct and capability cases at formal hearings under the relevant procedures and liaise with internal legal advisers in relation to the management of claims to the Employment Tribunal, ensuring that the interests and reputation of the Council are safeguarded.
* Provide professional support and coaching to improve management capability and capacity to address individual and collective workplace issues and, where appropriate, promote and facilitate alternatives to the procedural routes for addressing these issues, such as mediation.
* Lead on or contribute expert advice, guidance and practical support to complex organisational change and/or service improvement projects, in collaboration with colleagues within the HR and OD service and across the Council, as appropriate.
* Develop positive relationships with the trade unions and professional associations, promoting a partnership approach and encouraging a healthy employee relations climate
* Conduct formal consultations with the trade unions and professional associations on individual and collective workplace issues and participate from time to time in formal negotiations.
* Participate in the policy review and development programme by contributing to and, from time to time, leading on policy review projects and by making recommendations for improvement drawn from operational experience or contributing guidance on their application.
* Advise on the interpretation of terms and conditions of employment for a wide range of employment groups, ensuring fairness and equity in their application
* Maintain required case management records to assist the Employee Relations Manager to secure the most effective use of capability and capacity, to ensure consistency of practice, to manage team and individual performance and to demonstrate value-added outcomes.
* Champion the principles and practice of equality and diversity and equality of opportunity.
* Seek out opportunities for growth and development, maintain personal and professional development and share learning with others in the interests of sustaining a high level of knowledge and expertise individually and across the team.
You should match the following criteria:
* CIPD qualified or substantial and deep employee relations experience gained in a variety of roles and with accountability for advising on the full spectrum of individual and collective workplace employment matters
* Broad based knowledge of employment legislation and expert technical capability demonstrating up to date knowledge and best practice thinking
* Understanding of the workings and structures of local government
* Has an expert understanding of employment legislation and regulatory bodies in order to manage complex organisational change and employee relations cases
* Significant experience of employee relations including evidence of involvement in re-organisation, complex ER cases and appeal hearings
Please send your most updated CV to Grant Wilson by clicking apply now
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"